Very Atomic Bomb

by R4du

A mod that seems to be able to convert atomic bombs into VERY atomic bombs

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
Combat

g more ooomphh (aka more damage)

1 year, 11 months ago

This is a good start but still needs more power.
It left worms and spawner nests still alive within the crater area.
Given the cost of research I was expecting more power.
The blast area is bigger than the vanilla nuke but it needs to kill everything within that area.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hi there!
I have tested this and I know it leaves worms and nests behind.
I will experiment with the power and the crater sizes, and maybe change the costs.

1 year, 11 months ago

Alright so before I release a new version, please manually install the mod from https://github.com/CodeRadu/factorio-mods/releases/tag/0.1.2
and then tell me any changes I should make.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Thanks for your reply. Ok I ran your 0.1.2 update and I still think it has the same issues. I found a very large forest of trees on my map and fired vanilla nuke, plutonium nuke (plutonium energy mod) & Very Atomic Bomb into the middle of it. Vanilla & Plutonium both wiped out EVERYTHING in the scorched crater area and a continuous area around the scorched part. VAB still had trees left on the edge of the scorched area and only sporadic tree damage out to the 100 range mark. Vanilla is ranged about 30 and Plutonium around 50.
I'd be fine with a smaller than 100 range (60-70) ?? as long as it killed everything within it like vanilla & plutonium. I have screenshots if you are interested. Thanks

1 year, 11 months ago

I have updated the dev release on my github. I have reduced the range to 65, and played with the values until it cleared every tree in its range. Also the biters in its range die.
I may play with more values and see which are better, but please tell me if you are ok with the damage and range.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

By George I think you've got it !!! <<-read with British accent
Ummm yeah, I think that is a winner !!!! The bugs won't know what hit them !!!
Awesome, thanks so much !!!

I have no idea about how hard it would be but an artillery shell version would be cool also.

1 year, 11 months ago

I have thought about artillery shells (maybe even a nuclear one). They shouldn't be hard to make.

This thread has been locked.