unminable-logistic-robots

Makes logistic robots unminable, so you don't accidentally pick them up when they fly under your cursor.

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.15
Logistic network

g Great, but what happens when I need to mine one?

7 years ago

Love this mod, solves one of my big gripes with robots. However, in cases where I do need to mine one, how do I go about doing that?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Love this mod, solves one of my big gripes with robots.

Happy to hear that! :D

However, in cases where I do need to mine one, how do I go about doing that?

Well, basically, you can't. Not as long as the bot is airborne anyway.

I don't find myself ever wanting to pluck a bot from midair though. I just let them do their job, and when they're done, they'll dock into a roboport. I can pick them up from there.

Can you describe a situation where you'd want to mine a logistic robot?

7 years ago

cuz another player hacked one of em and is hovering outside my girlfriend's window while she's changing

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Can you describe a situation where you'd want to mine a logistic robot?

In Bob's Mods, you can upgrade robots. Sometimes, simply plucking them out of the air is the fastest way to get them upgraded while the upgraded bots handle logistic tasks in its place.

Also, I got a few construction robots that appear to be stuck hovering in place after being deployed via Personal Roboport. Placing a Roboport nearby isn't getting them to move. I think at this point, they need to be mined so they can be reset, but even turning of the Unminable mod isn't working.

6 years ago

I am very confused why I am seeing many versions of this mod and/or mods that self-contain this option.

I've never thought of "mining a bot" and I'd be highly doubtful that I "mined" one accidentally because it flew in the way.

Can you please explain why this "unminable bot" thing IS a "thing" to worry about?
Regards,
~B

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This is one of the ORIGINAL mods, Bordo. Everybody comes out with a mod that they think is the first mod of its kind.

And to explain what it does, is you cannot collect bots by hand with this mod. It helps when you have a large amount of bots operating in your base and you're trying to pick up that misplaced belt/assembler and you keep getting bots flying thru your mouse cursor.

6 years ago

hi, i think there is a use for a mod like this, because ive been playing a solo campaign with angels and bobs mods (plus about 100 more), and in the later stages of the game, the research can really speed up robots, so am often finding about 5-10 little robots in my main inventory, (in addition to the 20 construction ones that i wish to keep), but those 5-10 are unwanted, and i often pick them up by mistake when deleting old walls or rearranging buildings :)

6 years ago

Got it. Thanks!

6 years ago

That's what the auto trash slot is for, foodfactorio.

New response