Universal Quickstart Bots and Equipment deprecated

by Caxx

This is an addon mod for Universal Quickstart Mod where the players is given the possibility to start with logistics bots, and also armour and personal equipment. This was earlier a part of the Universal Quickstart Mod, but due to the increasing amount of options in the mod setting menu this is now a stand alone mod.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Cheats

g Fatal Error - Unusable atm

4 years ago

Cannot load a new game with UQB&E enabled without this error coming up and closing back to menu.

The mod Universal Quickstart Bots and Equipment caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event universal_quickstart_bne::on_player_created (ID 24)
universal_quickstart_bne/control.lua:670: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
universal_quickstart_bne/control.lua:670: in function 'getstuff'
universal_quickstart_bne/control.lua:145: in function <universal_quickstart_bne/control.lua:1>

All settings have been left at default have even deleted mod + all files from folder structure and redownloaded it both in game manually and still having this issue, any ideas?

Many Thanks

4 years ago

This error is related to clearing the pistol and it's ammo. I haven't had any problems with this when testing so it seems to be related to another mod. I'll add some code that will let the mod check if there is any weapons to remove, and if there aren't any it will simply ignore those lines. That will probably fix the issue.

4 years ago

Since you haven't been using any mods might it be that you've been starting a Sanbox scenario, that would cause this crash. The new version fixes that, and some other issues when playing non-corporeal.

4 years ago

Hey, whatever you did it fixed it so i am extremely grateful! Thank you!

I tried sandbox and freeplay, both came up with the same issue, however working fine in both now so again thank you :)

4 years ago

Good to know it did the trick. I'm not sure what was the cause to the problem. But there might be some inconsistency in the code. Since I am reworking the code I'll keep an eye out for it.

New response