Universal Caramelldansen

Do you want to listen to the scientists in your labs having a caramelldansen rave, but you are playing a modpack adding new labs? Fear no more! This mod adds the song to literally every lab, no matter if it is from the base game, Krastorio, Space Exploration or other mods.

Tweaks
a month ago
Manufacturing

i Disable doppler effect?

a month ago

First off, a fantastic mod! I was very disappointed when I got to space and discovered that LabDansen didn't affect Space Exploration's labs, so to see that injustice solved is satisfying.
However, one minor issue is that by default, all sounds in Factorio actually are affected by the Doppler effect. It's a neat bit of realism, but for this kind of sound (music) it's a little too strong. Luckily it can be disabled (and in fact it is disabled for things like the substation's working sound).
The relevant property is on the WorkingSound of the lab: use_doppler_shift: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/types/WorkingSound.html#use_doppler_shift
I will admit that it is kinda funny though, so if you don't want to completely remove it, you could make it a startup setting.

30 days ago

+1 to this. Also not sure if it's possible to prevent multiple tracks from playing at once when you open it?

29 days ago

I can look into the doppler effect as a setting.

I did set a limit to exactly one instance of the track playing at once, I assume you're referring to it switching when you walk past multiple labs? I'm afraid that's not preventable - or at least I don't know how. It makes sense that the core engine does not want multiple entities to play their sounds in sync usually.

New response