Train Pause deprecated

by dorfl

A combinator to pause trains at stations until the next station is available.

Content
6 years ago
Circuit network

g Update for 0.17

4 years ago

Greetings,

I love your mod and became essential for me and my train systems.
Too bad the 0.17 version does not support this one anymore.

As I can't live without this mod, I allowed myself to update it for my personnal use only.
Here is a link of a working version if you want to take a look or even update it : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mrd1drjXcwNT3psAnNiZbMyEZU0pLJAM

4 years ago

Do you want to take over ownership of the mod?

4 years ago

No, thanks for the proposal but I couldn't take the ownership of your very own creation :)
If you still have free time, keeping the mod updated would be really awesome, it's one of the most essential in my list. I can play without mods like Dectorio or RSO or the like, but Train Pause is the spine of all my fancy systems, without it, everything collapses ! :D

4 years ago

Damn, almost got rid of it :-)

This mod isn't bad, it just suffers because I'm not using it anymore. Therefore it's probably going to stay deprecated.

4 years ago

But dude ! I need it to live like I need oxygen !

How do you manage your trains ?
I made a system with which stations only activate when there is both a demand of a given resource AND enough of this resource.
Trains wait in a train depot and have in their schedule the station that activate when needed. However, without your mod, they would just end waiting one behind the others at the nearest station and that bothers me !

4 years ago

Yea "deprecated" means there's a new way to do this. So what is that? If nothing, this is 'abandoned' (although there is an attached working update?.)

I still haven't found any other simple way to stop two trains going to one station, and I'm a little perplexed this mod isn't huge.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I now use Shortwave for this problem. Makes it trivial to connect any station to any remote rail signal and achieve mostly the same result, without the Lua overhead of searching train schedules and looping to check stations.

Edit: "Deprecated" because that's the only available checkbox on the portal :-)

4 years ago

The issue is when my station providing resources is activating because it has both enough stockpile to fill a train AND there is a resource demand ; all my trains which have that station in their schedule start a once and go to the same nearest one.
I have a train depot where all my trains are waiting and I'm using same station name for each resource, which means if I have 2 stations for copper with the same name, the trains will go to the same nearest one.

Your mod was the best and simplest way to prevent that :(

3 years ago

Okay, finally I'd accept taking the ownership of the mod if you're still willing to give it to me.
It's still working fine in 0.18

New response