Train Construction Site Fork - Factorio 2.1 Update


A fork of Train Construction Site, updated and ported for Factorio 2.1

Content
9 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
132
Trains

b Cannot place on straight rail?

2 months ago

I'm having the issue of the trainbuilder refusing to be placed on the rail. I tried with vertical and horizontal rails, I tried with ghost rails, I tried with legacy rails. Nothing works. I can place down the depots, but train controllers and builders I can't place at all. It just keeps saying "straight rail is in the way"

2 months ago

I tested the latest version of the mod and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Factorio version: 2.1.12
Mod version: 0.5.7

Everything works correctly on my end. I didn't encounter any errors or unexpected behavior while using this version of the mod with Factorio 2.1.12.

Could you please tell me your exact Factorio version and mod version?

2 months ago

Mod version 0.4.10
Factorio version 2.0.77
I updated everything I could to the latest public version I had, I had no other options for it, and I updated my mods before starting the todays session

2 months ago

I currently only have Factorio 2.1 installed and no longer have a 2.0 installation. I'll try to investigate the issue on Factorio 2.0 today, and if I find the cause, I'll work on a fix.

a month ago

oh, we're getting updates on this mod, great

i got a crash when i deconstructed the Trainbuilders using network bots, it worked after the crash with personal bots
it crashed again when i put 2 Trainbuilder controllers on next to each other
also i cannot place Trainbuilder ghosts ? only manual or blueprinted

a month ago

IM using the latest verions also and mostly vanilla playthrough

a month ago

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates. I currently don't have much time to work on the mod, so I haven't been able to investigate or fix these issues yet.

I haven't abandoned the mod, but I can't promise when I'll have time to work on it again. I'll take a look at the reported issues as soon as I have the time. Thanks for your patience!

9 days ago

0.5.8 is out - thanks for the reports.

Most crashes had one cause: when robots deconstructed a Trainbuilder, the internal
numbering got mixed up and controllers ended up pointing at a Trainbuilder that no
longer existed. Fixed, and existing saves are repaired automatically on load.

Also fixed:
- Ghosts/blueprints: the item can be placed as a ghost again, and building one no
longer deletes the ghost of its neighbour (blueprints came out incomplete).
- Two controllers side by side no longer grab the wrong Trainbuilder.
- Copies (blueprint/copy-paste) keep their station name, so controller and depot
stay connected.
- Trainbuilders can be placed on legacy rails again.
- The controller item goes back to you instead of onto the ground.

New (can be switched off per player): Trainbuilders snap to the correct 7 tile
spacing, and free places are marked while you hold the item.

@Snip3rScope: I still cannot reproduce "straight rail is in the way". On 2.1.19
with vanilla + Space Age it works in every direction, also on legacy and ghost
rails. You were on Factorio 2.0.77 with 0.4.10 - this fork is only updated for
2.1, so please try 2.1 with 0.5.8. If it still happens, please post your mod list.

@Daniel7: the deconstruction crash, the two-controller crash and ghost placement
should all be gone. If something is still broken, tell me what you did right
before it happened.

New response