Train Scaling

Automate the construction and deconstruction of your trains! Configure a train currently scheduled for a station as a template for the station - the mod's special train construction station will automatically build (or destroy) copies of the template train on demand, or in response to circuit conditions.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains

i Output Trainstation Data

5 years ago

Hi
This is an awesome Mod and really cool for automation.

It would be great to output the data from the Trainstations.Current number of Trains etc.

Regards Yoshi

5 years ago

That's a good idea! The number of current trains would definitely be useful - which other metrics do you think would be useful as signals (I'm not sure if knowing the number of trains that have been built is useful, that might just be noise)?

Since a train station entity can't natively output signals that a mod chooses, I think the way I'd implement this would be that you'd put a constant combinator in a special position next to a train station, and the mod would update the combinator's settings to send the statistic data into the circuit network - does that sound reasonable for how you're planning to use this?

Thanks for the idea!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi hi,

That would be very nice. I am planning an automatic Train deploiment. It checks the number of Stations and Trains and builds the Train after the Blueprint is built.(in case of train need)

I think more Data is better but i either dont have any idea for the number of already built Trains.

BTW: I party everytime while the Train is building. My Audience also likes this MOD.

Thanks Yoshi

5 years ago

Sounds good to me - here's what I thought of to include as output signals:

• Current number of copies of the template
  • Total number of trains (even not matching the template) that are scheduled to visit the station
  • Number of trains currently under construction
  • Number of train stations with this name

I'm thinking that this would work like the "read robot statistics" setting on roboports that are hooked to the circuit network, where you can select which signal gets sent for each of the available metrics.

For the combinator that will be needed to send the signals, I realized it might be a little smoother (and probably a bit better for performance) to have it be a constant combinator that's connected directly by circuit wire, instead of having a special requirement for where it's built.

I'm glad you and your audience like it! I should have some time to work on adding this feature (as well as getting sounds added for when trains are being built, which has been needed for a while) this weekend, let me know if you have any other ideas to improve this mod! Thanks again!

5 years ago

Hey

Yeah exactly that was in my mind.

You dont have to hurry for me. I have to thank for your Mod(s).

I also looking at your other mods. If i have any Ideas you will read

Yoshi

5 years ago

New version is up which adds a new option on stations that'll enable sending signals - hook a station with the signal option enabled directly to a constant combinator and the combinator will be configured to send the signals with the statistics. Let me know how it works for you!

New response