Utilities
2 years ago

g Copy?

2 years ago

Is this a straight Copy of this mod?:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/timesaver-for-crafting
And if not, what is the difference?

2 years ago

It has 0 similarity with the mod, except the icon.

2 years ago

It uses x100 crafting speed in certain cases. Welp, it seems to be less fair for me.

2 years ago

mh...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It has 0 similarity with the mod, except the icon.

but good to know

2 years ago

I don't speak English very well, so I'm writing through a translator.

Yes, I used the timesaver-for-crafting mod and was inspired by its idea - not just to speed up crafting, but to accumulate time. And its code too.

But if you study the code of this mod, you'll find that it doesn't do quite the same thing. I even find it hard to explain how it determines when to speed up crafting.

My mod calculates how many ticks have passed since the last crafting. If it takes less ticks to craft, it speeds up a hundred times. The remaining ticks accumulate.

In fact, the API of the game does not give 100% information about the process of manual crafting. My mod makes up this shortcoming in the player's favor.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

2 years ago

Well, you know, we might compare mods using the same crafts etc, although it'll be very tricky.
(I guess, there's some misunderstanding somewhere, and I don't quite understand "More honest time saver for crafting" in this case)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I seem to figure out. I forgot that recipes don't use ticks in its properties.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Also, it seems that both mods have the same bug with crafting speed modifier.
Apparently, the crafting speed modifier is 0 by default in the game now, not 1. ( https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaControl.html#LuaControl.character_crafting_speed_modifier )

2 years ago

Well its my first time using this type of crafting speed mods... I tought it would increase in speed the more I try to craft but when i loaded my savefile i ended up straight super crafting speed! is this a bug due a save file and not a new game or something else?

New response