Thermal Solar Power

Adds the ability to build a thermal solar complex an early game solution for clean energy; automatically adjusts the heat exchangers temperature to produce steam in the same temperatures as with Bob's Power. Forked from CW-thermal-solar-power v0.2.16 by CyberWizard2261 and merged in CWTSP_balance v1.0.1 by Caxx (Public Domain).

Content
1 year, 8 months ago
Power

g Am I right with the maths ?

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Hi MarximusMaximus,

Just to be sure I've understood how it works:
If I assume the whole setup has a 100% efficiency (if I understood correctly, it is true as long as I don't use heat pipes), and there is no night time, using only solar panels generating 200kW as thermal power, I would theorically need 150 of them to be able to constantly output a maximum of 30MW of power from steam turbines.
Am I right ?

Thanks a lot for your mod by the way !

1 year, 7 months ago

Um, admittedly, unsure. I just updated the mod to be compatible with Factorio 1.1 and re-released it since the original author hasn't been around. The way the game converts from heat to steam to electricity doesn't really make sense to me b/c the units seem wrong when I try to work the equations, like maybe I'm missing a step or something. Anyway, I think it'd be much less than 150 of them. 25 seem to keep a single heat exhanger and single steam engine quite full. Indeed, once they get hot, it's been hard to get them to not be hot.

New response