Technology Overload

by RedRafe

Vanilla Factorio is too easy for you? Try the Fibonacci research cost! Take on the new challenges of Technology Overload, new ways to increase game difficulty! Technology cost tweaked in different ways to introduce new challenges and spice up your tech tree.

Tweaks
11 months ago
Manufacturing

b [Solved] Access to a nil value in getTechnologyDepth @ line 101

1 year, 2 months ago

Mods:
- Even Distribution
- Factorio Library
- Factorio Standard Librairy
- Loader Redux
- Pyanodon Suite
- Resource Spawner Overhaul
- Side Inserters

1 year, 2 months ago

Does pY have any technology that doesnt cost anything?

1 year, 2 months ago

No visible ones. And I fail to see how it would matter. Only thing I can see is hasPrerequisites... It checks for nil but not empty... You get an empty table and try to index access at 0. Nil.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Also, instead of hasPrerequisites, you could just use technology.prerequisites or {} in every loop... Remove the if clause and linearize everything. if you have a git, I'd be happy to change that... just need to look at the mod development ecosystem here...

1 year, 2 months ago

Also... Pyanodon run part of its tech handling in data-final.fixes.lua.... This explain how I detected the earlier bug (Py leaves some tech in an unexpected states until then).

1 year, 2 months ago

Or not... Well I'm giving up on trying to make this work for now....

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

pY mods have a lots of errors like this in data stage:

7.535 Script @stdlib/stdlib/data/data.lua:42: Technology technology/placeholder does not exist. [stdlib/stdlib/data/data.lua:494 in ???, stdlib/stdlib/data/technology.lua:43 in add_effect, stdlib/stdlib/data/recipe.lua:250 in add_unlock, @pyalternativeenergy/prototypes/updates/pyhightech-updates.lua:137 in ???]

Honestly, I can try to make my code as safe as possible and make it work regardless, but since I'm using recursion to compute all the values, I'm not gonna bother too much if mod is incompatible with other mods that add tons of garbage and fake techs in the tech tree. I will try, but if it results in mod not working correctly the other 99% of the time I'll just mark it as incompatible

1 year, 2 months ago

Sure... Honestly Py seems to dick around the tech tree too much... I don't think compatibility is worth the effort.

1 year, 2 months ago

ByakkoNoMai, a little update.

I've managed to make it work. Right now I'm doing a bit of optimization around the recursion to cache some computations and make it faster (otherwise it takes more than 30mins to load Factorio. I'm confident it will be done by end of the day. In the end I managed to get compatibility AND optimize the code. If you want tp test it I've got an early release (but only "A Long Way Home", "Funnel" and "Tree" difficulty modes work), else I'll update the mod on the mod portal as soon as I'm done.

1 year, 2 months ago

Sure... I'd be curious to see what you changed too. It's the first mod I'm actually digging into for factorio (my modding experience is more in KSP and Paradox games)

1 year, 2 months ago

Seems to work... Fibonnacci is nice... Last techs in Py goes from 3k to 1T..... Fun times ahead

1 year, 2 months ago

Well 302G for Green science looks too much... I'll check other modes... But

1 year, 2 months ago

Spiral gives Pyrrhic victory at 312k... That one is nice. Found my Py tech mod. Thank a lot.

1 year, 2 months ago

Aight, Im gonna mark this issue as solved. If anything pops up, feel free to open a new one! Thanks for the feedbacks, enjoy :)

This thread has been locked.