Tape Measure

Measure tiles and distances

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g 0.17 compatibility - Done

5 years ago

I looked at updating this mod for 0.17, however, I found a better alternative had been made.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Tapeline
The alternative makes use of the new drawing abilities and so I will not be updating this mod to 0.17.

4 years ago

That new mod doesn't allow measuring between two arbitrary points, does it? Haven't tested it, just now looked for such a mod as this one (one of the now devs had a mod like it ages ago). I need a mod that measures across the map, ideally using map view too. :/

4 years ago

I'd try the Tapeline mod if I was you as I think it will do what you need. I haven't used it for ages, but I don't recall anything being "odd" with it.

4 years ago

Tried it. Meh. I can see uses, but nope, can't use it for what I need. Can't, for example, us it in map view. That's an autofail. With yours, and with Rseding's older mod, I could measure distance. And with Rseding's, IIRC, I could measure any two points on the map, no need for me to be there.

4 years ago

I'll have a look then and see if it's a simple update for 0.17

4 years ago

updated to 0.17 as agree the other measure tape mod didn't reach its full potential and the map usage ability of mine is very useful.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just to add my tuppence, I had also tried tapeline, and found it unsatisfactory, especially over large distances on the map, and have been using tape measure instead. I'm so pleased you have also updated to 0.18 too, along with the other, not so obvious, code style changes.
We can't vote on mods, so please take this as my endorsement. I find it invaluable. Short and simple without fuss.

4 years ago

cheers, glad to see atleast a few people find it useful still :)

yea the code style changes were to make it easier to maintain and edit/update moving forwards. So its survives my 0.18 mod cull :D

New response