Teleport to Train Station

by sydream

Allows the player (and vehicle if using car or tank) to teleport to any train station via a simple user interface

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation

i SE compatibility?

2 years ago

Love the mod for the sake of no running all the way back to base to get that one item that I forgot to finish setting up my mining outpost. Trying to run it with SE causes crash though. Something incompatible in SE postprocessing. Anyways, would love it if it would work together with SE. Maybe also put some limitations on the teleport though, like you have to be within a certain distance of a rail that can path to the selected station for the teleport to work? And not in combat (something like: if attacked by enemy, lock_teleport_timer = 30 seconds). This second limitation should be implemented anyways, even if you don't try to make it compatible for SE, so that ppl can't use fast-travel as a means to escape.

2 years ago

Thanks for your input NightOps. I will look into implementing some of the features you mention. For what regards SE (I guess you mean the Space Exploration mod) compatibility, I never played it so never tested my mod with it either. I'll check it out, would you mind telling me where it crashes and if you get any error in the logs? (or better if you could share a copy of the log file that would be greatly helpful, here is a link to the wiki explaining where to find them: https://wiki.factorio.com/Log_file)

Thanks

3 months ago

Not sure if this is still active, but I was looking for a mod to transport my tank "home" whene I saw your mod.
When I started it with a K2 + SE (K2 =Krastario 2) it did crashed. (Here the picture and log)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RsT95JNg8mMgKKV2DK7Ix5XYLCuNl-iV?usp=sharing

If you have trouble getting the files, add me on Discord (ogrum.visit) and I can send it to you there.
Would really like to use the mod in my run. ^^

3 months ago

Hi there,
thanks for using the mod.

I haven't been working on it in a long while and SE compatibility has been asked a few times. Thanks for sharing logs and screenshots that's really helpful, I've downloaded the files.

I'll try to fit in some time to work on this. Hopefully you'll get an update soon :)

Thanks

3 months ago

The problem with SE crashing is that any mod that contains the keyword Teleport in its name will be marked as incompatible and will force exit the game.

This can be seen in the prototypes/phase-3/imcompatibility.lua script, the documentation on the SE wiki around mod makers for Teleportation is that any kind of this mechanic might interfere with the gameplay, and should be locked behind the Teleportation research.

However my mod is not about teleporting items but the player from one train station to another so it doesn't strictly apply, and anyway it won't load it since I have the word Teleport in the name.

Indeed if I remove the word teleport from the name and folder-name and change it to something different, SE runs without any issue and the teleport mod works just fine.

So the choice here is whether to change the mod name to make it work, I need to see what that means as it will probably break other people saving files that are using the mod. I will tinker with it a bit, also not sure if it will eventually work fully with SE mechanics as I have no idea (or interest) on how to play the mod to verify it (it works on a new game just as starting but no idea in the long run)

3 months ago

Okay. I will aske in the SE Discors Server, if they have a solution to this and let you know.
But thanks for the update.

3 months ago

I got a response from the SE Discord Community:
"Sounds like a "follow SEs compatibility rules" issue to me."

So I went there and found this:
Teleportation
Any item teleportation mechanics should be locked to after the SE teleportation technology. If there is player but not player inventory teleportation like “jump clones” they can be part of bio science.

I'm not sure if this is helping or not.
For playtesting, I can do so. I have a K2+SE World open and have gone to space already.

3 months ago

Thanks for helping out. I've found that in the SE mod guide. I need to figure out how to do it and if adding that as prerequisite will make it load SE and not break anything.

I've also found in SE teleportation technology research this comment
-- If a mod adds teleportation, enable this tech, add it as a prerequisite, and add "se-deep-space-science-pack-4" as an ingredient

2 months ago

To get SE compatibility you can either have the SE team add this as an exception(might take a while) or simply rename it something else. Personally I think a good alternative name for this mod would be something like: Fast Travel via Train Stations or something along that line.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I don't think that the team will make a exception for this kind of mod. But a try is no one hurting.
I tryed to rename it my self, (with Transfere) but I'm no Lua programmer and my try was not acceptet from factorio ^^

24 days ago

I think the mod system probably identifies mods by the what ever you first put as the mod id. So you would probably have to stop updating this page and upload it anew with the changed mod id and title as though you started a new mod entirely.

New response