|Created:||2 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.4.1 (a month ago)|
SubTerra adds multiple underground levels along with ways to transfer players, items, and power between levels.
Currently, the underground levels are intended for transportation only.
== This is a Work-In-Progress mod ==
- This is an alpha release. There are many features missing and there will be many bugs.
- Saves may not be compatible between versions at this time.
- Compatibility with most other mods has not been tested yet
Post any bugs at: https://github.com/Daedeross/Subterra/issues
- Multiple underground levels
- Belt-Elevators (speed equivalent to the three base belt types)
- Power transfer (one-way per pair, for now).
- Research to unlock deeper levels
- Subways, special faster trains only usable underground.
- Remoting call for other mods to white-list entities. (see change log for v 0.3.3 for details)
Features coming soon:
- Fluid transfer
- Signal transfer
- Many more graphics
Features far away:
- Underground mining
Other mods tested with so far
- Whistle Stop Factories
- Other mods that place entities and do not raise the
script_raised_builtevent may lead to unintended consequences.
- If a Stairs, Belt-Elevator, or Power transfer entity is destroyed, it will leave a ghost on only one of its two layers.
- There are still some edge cases that need to be tested for creation and deletion of these special entitites
- Added configuration to the mod. User can now set Max Depth (min 1, max 4, default 2).
WARNING: reducing this value for existing worlds is not supported, but increasing works (so far in my testing, at least).
- Added technology: Underground levels are now unlocked by successive researches. NOTE: This will prevent you from placing entities
that 'dig' down to a specific layer (i.e. Stairs, Elevator, Power transfer) until the research is completed. For safety, move to the surface
before ubdating the Max Depth setting
- Added subways: Special, faster locomotives that can only be placed underground. Unlocked by research
- Added recharable batteries: Special 'fuel' for subways. Recharged in a special dedicated machine
- Added faster belt elevators. The three levels of belts in the base game now have equavalent speed elevators.
Unlocked at the same level of logistics as the equivalent belt.
- Added support for ghosts and robots to construct stairs, elevators, and power transfer entities
- Changed the first underground level, it now spawns water tiles which follow the water in the main surface.
NOTE: will not change already generated chunks in that layer.
- Changed chunk generation logic. Possible fix of a logic error in the previous versions, though requires more testing.
- Fixed bug where game would crash if you died. (X_X)
- Game will no longer crash in sandbox or if you manualy type the statement
\c game.player.character = nil
- Added remote calls so other mods can add or remove entities from the underground whitelist
To add an entity:
remote.call("subterra:entities", "add", %NAME%)- Replace
%NAMEwith the name of the entity (i.e. the name of the prototype)
To remove an entity:
remote.call("subterra:entities", "remove", %NAME%)
- Added some feedback messages for when players are unable to place certain structures
- Fixed compatibility with other mods that create additional surfaces (so far tested with Factorissimo2).
- Adjusted the position of a hidden entity so the no-electric-network icon shows in the center of the transfer pole.
- Subscribes to the
script_raised_builtevent to precent non-whitelisted entiteis from being built underground.
- Added some missed vanilla entities to underground whitelist.
- Mod now handles being added to large existing worlds.
- Note: Loading into a large explored world will cause performace to drop for a
short time while the underground surface generation catches up.
- "Telepads" renamed to "Stairs"
- Power tansfer.
- Custom graphics for stairs and power transfer structures.
- Added whitelist of vanilla structures able build underground.
- updated all api calls to work with Factorio v0.16.x
- Belt Elevators
- Teleport pads to transport players between levels
- "Underground" surfaces
- chunk-generation for underground layers
- quadtree data structure for faster collision detection