Street Light Pole

by Harox

This mod adds in street light pole to light your factory.

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
Power

i Allow Pipett tool

1 year, 10 months ago

Can you make it possible to use pipette tool on the street light pole to select one from inventory, like for any other building?

1 year, 10 months ago

Yes, I will see if it's possible.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

It should work fine with pipette now. I fixed some problems with ghosts and construction robots too. This mod is tricky in some ways. Lamp entity cannot be rotated like inserter. Electric pole entity cannot be rotate by the player him/her-self. So to make it works at this point, a lamp, a pole and a dummy entity need to be used to archive this effect. Managing the three of them and keeping everything compatible with the base game functionality is not simple.

Let me know if you have more suggestions.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi, I just tried your new version. It's nice that the pipette now works, but in doing this you broke a different part of the pipette. You can still select something with it, but pressing the pipette key again does not any more put the item out of the cursor back into inventory. I have the feeling that you might have messed with that logic or something. Also, I have some other mods installed that interact with the cursor, so maybe it is something that only happens in combination with other mods.

1 year, 10 months ago

Thank you for your feedback! I will check this out. I think I will have to rethink it from ground up to resolve this one.

1 year, 10 months ago

New version available! (0.2.0) This one should be more stable. It still doesn't support circuit network properly though. You can connect red and green wires but they are not restored if the pole is destroyed and rebuilt by robots.

1 year, 10 months ago

You fixed the problem I had with the pipette tool, thank you :D

1 year, 10 months ago

I have one suggestion that is absolutely not important, it's about placement when holding build button down and moving the mouse. With electric poles only every xth tile a pole will be built. Adding this to yours would also make it easier to light up build streets.

I am not sure if this is new, but the self shadow of the lamps look really nice, but a little bit blocky.

1 year, 10 months ago

Since the main entity is not an electric pole, I cannot use the built-in tool used by vanilla electric poles for distance placement. Maybe it can be simulate. I will have to investigate.

For the texture, I plan to update them for a nicer finish. I want to implement a 8 directions pole with 8 cardinal directions. The current version has a 15 degree offset. I thought it would give more dept to the texture, but the left and right models don't seem even, like the right one looks too straight compared to the others.

Btw, I don't know if you have already realized but the pole doesn't need to be connected with copper wire to light up, it just need to be place on a powered area.

Thank you for your support, I appreciate.

New response