Steam Transport Drones

by Soggs

Modifies Transport Drones to be available earlier and changes their fuel to steam.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g Drone distance

11 months ago

Hi.
Would it be possible to re-enable the disabled settings from the original mod? Or at least the one that is for the amount of fuel per drone? Because I now have the problem that my drones no longer pick up copper ore although enough is offered.

11 months ago

The idea is to impose some actual limitations with the steam and generally keep it to a local. You extend the range a bit with Buffer Depots. You can just make a mod and overwrite my changes in the same way I overwrite Transport Drones but I see no reason to change my mod for the moment.

11 months ago

Oh, ok..
I guess I'll have to use a different mod then. Writing a mod that undoes your changes is too hard for me. Because I have no plan from LUA.

11 months ago

The thing is that even if I exposed the settings it would not matter really as the way I overwrite the settings is by defining a single valid value otherwise if you had Transport drones installed before without this mod it can keep your modified values. Essentially it would only let you chose the setting its currently at. You could just go, unzip my mod and change the values in the settings.lua for your desired effect. I marked the values you need to change below. All you need is a text editor.

data.raw["string-setting"]["fuel-fluid"] = nil
data.raw["double-setting"]["fuel-amount-per-drone"] = nil
data.raw["double-setting"]["fuel-consumption-per-meter"] = nil

data:extend({
  {
    type = "double-setting",
    name = "fuel-consumption-per-meter",
    localised_name = "Fuel consumption per meter",
    setting_type = "startup",
    default_value = 0.1, # lower this and the next two for more range
    minimum_value = 0.09999999,
    maximum_value = 0.1,