Stargate

Factorio but with logistics-capable stargates that teleports players and belt contents around the map and between surfaces.

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Died after dialing home + suggestions

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Maybe it was a bug but after building a stargate and dialing another one back home i died (cause: stargate). That didn't happen again sadly so I'm not sure what caused it.
Suggestion: is it possible to avoid being teleported if I hit the invisible edges of the stargate box?
Suggestion: could trains or even better vehicles be teleported too?
Question: what is that little object you can craft that outputs stuff? How do I use it?

4 years ago

Dying to a stargate is intended, in the show if anything is caught in the unstable vortex it will get annihilated, if he was being more faithful to the show your items wouldn't drop either.
To answer the question, the "stargate Dial-Home Device" (DHD) taking from the changelog "if you want to use it, figure it out. No tutorials. That's how they did it on the show! :D (Tip: Feed it the letter "Z" to help learn it)"
I know how it works but Pyro has told us not to share how it works, soooo figure it out yourself... :)

4 years ago

Alright as long as it's not a bug :) Stargates are already very OP so I guess it's okay for them to be deadly.
Oh I'm so bad with circuits and logic and combinators but if this dhd is merging the circuit network and teleportation that could be amazing, I'll do some tests.
Another question: if I feed the stargate stuff with an inserter it acts like a chest, is it intended?
Last one I promise: if biters invade my base and step through the gate could they be teleported to the destination?

4 years ago

-It is circuits and combinators but that was kinda a given :P
-Putting items into a inventory slot within the gate was an issue but it was recently changed so the gate has an inventory on zero. I tried doing this on the current version and inserters can't do that. A picture would be nice
-I tried getting bitters to go in the gate and they touch the gate but aren't going though so you're save, unless Pyro changes it. Then you're not safe.

4 years ago
  1. died next to a stargate. ... Yes, you were standing right next to it. the vortex killed you.
  2. teleport conditions/logic/positions: Deal with it.
  3. vehicles are planned for the atlantis gate only.
  4. trains? lol.
  5. the DHD? it's a combinator auto dialer. I expect you to give it the Z signal then fiddle with it until you figure it out. (Or read the code, which i don't consider cheating. that's what they do in the show!). It doesn't bother me if someone else teaches it to you. Just don't expect me to help with your combinator setups (goes for everyone).
  6. Biters in gates - there's a trick with the landmines to make the teleportation conditions/logic/position a hundred times more efficient. This is why the landmine is there. Problem is it doesn't work. If it did, i could do biters through gates easily.
4 years ago

Oh yeah figured out how to use the DHD, and the three new gates look amazing!

3 years ago

Spent forever trying to figure out how to use DHD, turns out it needs very specific location placement
For the milkyway gate The only place i could get it to work is on the top of the left edge.

2 years ago

Hi guys
I was unable to get the DHD to work.
I would like to close and reactivate the gate at other coordinates based on conditions.
Can you help me?
Thank you

New response