Stargate

Factorio but with logistics-capable stargates that teleports players and belt contents around the map and between surfaces.

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g License

4 years ago

If I’m not mistaken and the https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Teleporters mod is taken as the basis, then you cannot use your license and must indicate https://opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0 this is stated here .
4. Combined Works.
b) Accompany the Combined Work with a copy of the GNU GPL and this license document.
c) For a Combined Work that displays copyright notices during execution, include the copyright notice for the Library among these notices, as well as a reference directing the user to the copies of the GNU GPL and this license document.
Or did I misunderstand?

4 years ago

If I’m not mistaken

You are very mistaken.

and the https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Teleporters mod is taken as the basis

This mod is not based on, not inspired by, not associated with, and not derived from Teleporters.

then you cannot use your license and must indicate https://opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0 this is stated here .

This is an original work based on the stargate TV series for stargates, and thus my license is valid.

1. Combined Works.

This is not a combined work

b) Accompany the Combined Work with a copy of the GNU GPL and this license document.

This is not a combined work.

c) For a Combined Work that displays copyright notices during execution, include the copyright notice for the Library among these notices, as well as a reference directing the user to the copies of the GNU GPL and this license document.

This is not a combined work.

Or did I misunderstand?

You've misunderstood quite significantly.

I found out about the teleporters mod AFTER i made and released this one, so it is physically impossible for this mod to breach that mods license in any way, even if they perform the same function.
This mod was designed and developed completely independently.

Since i now know a mod already exists that performs a near identical function as this one, i will likely be adding some logistics to this one to distinguish this mod from that one.
Additionally it is likely i will be drawing ideas from Teleporters for areas that improvements could be made in future, but not in any way that violates that mods license. e.g. Teleporters has a camera preview of the destination teleporters when you are selecting a destination. If i now go and add that to Stargate, and if i were to reference Teleporters on how to do that, this would not breach that mods license under the following statement, provided my reference material does not exceed numerical parameters, data structure layouts and accessors, small macros, inline functions and templates that are ten or fewer lines in length.

1. Object Code Incorporating Material from Library Header Files.
    The object code form of an Application may incorporate material from a header file that is part of the Library. You may convey such object code under terms of your choice, provided that, if the incorporated material is not limited to numerical parameters, data structure layouts and accessors, or small macros, inline functions and templates (ten or fewer lines in length), you do both of the following

If i have misunderstood this component of the license please let me know, as i am a content creator whose time is better spent writing code.

4 years ago

Now everything is clear to me, this is another independent mod, the link to Teleporters misled me.

Thank you for the work done and we will wait for the introduction of logic into your project)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was actually questioning how a mod like stargates didn't already exist when i was making this.
.. Turns out it did already exist - Teleporters.
And it does a heck of a good job of it too, so i figured i should link it on the front page while i come up with more features for this mod instead of just marking it as deprecated and abandoning it 5 minutes after i got it working.

4 years ago

The author of the Teleporters mod is Klonan, this is one of the factorio developers as I was told, and from time to time he comes up with something new in mods).

This thread has been locked.