Stack Combinator

by modo_lv

An arithmetic combinator that performs stack size multiplication/division/rounding on item signals. Features signal inversion and output display, compatible with Picker Dollies and Nullius.

Content
2 months ago
Circuit network

g [βœ”] Incorrect low power behavior

3 months ago

Under low power and no power conditions, it looks like the stack combinator zeros out all of its outputs. From what I have read, standard combinators slow down under low power conditions and stop under no power conditions. The outputs either change state more slowly (just like inserters and other entities) OR stick at their ending state until power resumes.

Is it possible to make the stack combinator act in a similar way?

The articles I found are at:

1. https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/ateyx1/what_happens_to_combinators_in_blown_outs/
  2. https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=23604

Item 2 actually demonstrates the behavior with a circuit blueprint.

The problem I am experiencing is my LTN trains are trying to pick up things at requester stations and stalling when the stations won't provide the items. I am using a stack combinator between a constant combinator that specifies the request in stacks and also programs up a high number for the LTN provide threshold. During brownouts, the stack combinator is emitting zeros for the provide threshold and that is being summed up with the contents of my boxes. LTN then thinks that my boxes contain outgoing stock.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

I've released v1.5.1 which makes insufficient power work closer to other combinators.

• Low power works just like full power, because StaCos already have configurable update delays due to performance concerns and it doesn't feel worth the effort to add more delays on top of that, even on low power.
  • StaCos without power now maintain the output signals from last signal update (and there's a map setting in case anyone wants to revert to previous behaviour).
3 months ago

Sounds great, thanks much!

New response