Stack Combinator

by modo_lv

An arithmetic combinator that performs stack size multiplication/division/rounding on item signals. Features signal inversion and output display, compatible with Picker Dollies and Nullius.

Content
2 months ago
Circuit network

g [❤] Just what I needed! (I think!)

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Hi modo_lv, thanks for developing this mod!
I'm currently going through Nilaus' YouTube series "Base-In-A-Book" and "Megabase-In-A-Book", and in those series he uses some smart electronics at each rail station to control how many trains are requested, and how much material is stockpiled. But the problem is that the player needs to input the calculated figures manually to set things up for every station. Over the last couple of weeks I've repeatedly been looking up the stack sizes of different Factorio items, multiplying them by 40 (the wagon size) and then by 4 or 8 (my train sizes). And to be honest, I'm getting pretty bored with that!
Only a couple of days ago I was thinking: "If only there was a mod which could give me the stack sizes of each item, I could automate all of this." And today, Hey Presto! I find your mod popping up on the mod portal!
I haven't installed it yet, but I think it's going to be very useful. Thanks for giving my brain a rest!

3 months ago

Thanks for letting me know, it's always great to know people find my work useful.

I recommend always searching for mods wherever you encounter some functionality that you're missing. Mods only show up at the top of the portal when they are updated, so those that update rarely need to be actively looked for.

Also, for train handling there's mods like LTN and Project Cybersyn (and possibly others, I haven't played Factorio in a while), which simplify a lot of manual circuit building.

New response