Stack Combinator

by modo_lv

An arithmetic combinator that performs stack size multiplication/division/rounding on item signals. Features signal inversion and output display, compatible with Picker Dollies and Nullius.

Content
2 months ago
Circuit network

g [βœ”] [SEK2] stack combinators break when spaceships anchor.

4 months ago

when spaceships anchor and it's signals appear on that circuit network, the stack combinator it's connected to just stops working until i pick it up and place it back down. deconstructing and undo-ing it makes it work again.
i don't know what's breaking internally with it, but the output signals just stop entirely. the stack combinator UI also stops showing the output signals.

I'm playing with the SEK2 early spaceships mod, and am currently relying on stack combinators for spaceship automation.

4 months ago

Yeh, I have to use the 1.2.13 version of Stack Combinator because I was getting this error.

4 months ago

Can you please provide a save file that I can use to reproduce the error?

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

here's a editor extensions test map of it happening. https://files.catbox.moe/huqx0m.zip
Turn on the checkmark constant combinator to launch the ship, and it will quickly dock itself again right after.
I've noticed that saving and reloading with a broken stack combinator fixes it, but will break again.

3 months ago

Thanks for the save, the bug should be now fixed in v1.3.4.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Awesome thanks! Any details on what the fix to the code was?

Edit: nvm, I'm reading the changelog

3 months ago

If you're interested in the code details, the exact change is here: https://github.com/modo-lv/factorio-mod-stack-combinator/commit/7dee28cbb27b2967ff9e5f2333a4262e003907a1. When chunks/tiles are destroyed, Runtime:combinators() gets called with a forced update to re-register everything, but it was not rebuilding the update queue. That's why removing-replacing and saving-loading worked β€” the update queue always gets built or updated on those events.

3 months ago

Thanks! I hope they start doing up and down layers in Factorio after this 2.0 update. Kind of like layered 3d stacking in computer chips.

New response