Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Graphics mistakes

3 years ago

Both MK2 and MK3 have very small heads that are no longer attached to their legs. The Ghost Weaver has the correct head size, but it appears to have some extra bits in a square around it that flicker as the head rotates.

I can provide pictures if you can't reproduce it yourself.

3 years ago

hmm, neither me, neither resarium have this issue. Was looking over the code trying to figure out from what it could be happening and it might be because of the layering we've worked up on lately:
body
spidertronmk2_entity.graphics_set.animation.layers[1].hr_version.scale = 0.60
mask
spidertronmk2_entity.graphics_set.animation.layers[2].hr_version.scale = 0.60

and now mk3 has a third layer
spidertronmk3_entity.graphics_set.animation.layers[3] for the colored eyes
not to mention the ghost weaver has a 4'th layer for the turret on the head

Do you happen to have any mod that could affect the layers?
since if the layers are modified or reverted it could explain the smaller heads, and if you can a picture would be perfect, as well as a mod list so i can test it with the mods as well.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sorry, I assumed that it would be easy the reproduce because I am not using any other mods, so this is very strange! Here's what they look like to me: https://imgur.com/a/H7nCi5j

The strangeness around the ghost weaver would be a result of the turret layer, but it is not rendering correctly.
I've just deleted and reinstalled the mod and it is still behaving incorrectly.

Let me know if you want me to check something, or report it as a base game bug, I guess! I'm on macOS 11 Big Sur.

P.S. I added support for this mod to Spidertron Weapon Switcher today :)

3 years ago

I asked discord, and it turns out that I had my graphics resolution to "normal". When I go to "high" it looks fine (I really like the turret on the ghost weaver btw!). No idea how you'd fix it, but at least you should be able to reproduce it :)

3 years ago

Hmmmmm, very interesting but yeah you are totally right, i never took proper care of lower resolution textures. Thank you, will modify to properly use the textures on lower resolution. Oh and yes it's fully reproducible with normal sprite settings.

3 years ago

Its funny because I don't generally use low-res sprites so I didn't realise that was the setting I was on. I must set it to that whilst testing mods to reduce load times.

3 years ago

Ay, i already fixed it in my code, but then i was like ... "i wana add another spider" so now we're working on a fire theme spider. So 0.3.1 will take a bit longer to launch with the fix. Sorry for the delay :D

3 years ago

No worries, I don’t actually use the mod, because I’ve been spending all my time making mods :D
An if I was playing the game properly, I’d use high res sprites anyway.

3 years ago

Oh i was quite late on this, added version 0.3.1 which should fix issues with non-hd textures.
I was also on a secondary branch on github with some stuff for another spidertron that could break the game but i'm curios if ppl will try the new spidertron.

New response