Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Ghost Weaver Ammunition

3 years ago

Hi, great mod, I like it a lot! A question: what kind of ammunition should be used in the Ghost Weaver? I tried (I think) all the different types. Thanks.

3 years ago

Ah i was expecting someone is going to ask this at some point.
We never intended to add a gun to the ghost weaver, but if we didn't add one, the game would crash if you tried to move the ghost weaver using the remote. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/spidertron-extended/discussion/5f439e4a96570ef95bafd537 , we're still thinking on what to do about it.

3 years ago

Okay got in contact with Resarium, we will add a weapon for the ghost weaver, we're still thinking between some kind of laser (i'm trying to find a way to add a weapon that doesn't use power, or somehow gets power from the grid, but don't know how yet, else we're just gonna add some kinda battery ammo)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This comment was doubled, bad comment, on a side note didn't have time to check if i can add a weapon that doesn't use ammo, i'm not sure when i'm gonna work on it. So i guess it's still in TODO.

3 years ago

Maybe it should have a "Repair Beam" if its mean to be a building vehicle.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That's a really nice idea, while i know how i could make a healing beam (just setting damage to - ), i still didn't search for or know how to make a weapon that doesn't require ammo.

edit:
it's almost done, just need new sprites for the healing beam and might modify the ghost weaver // how it looks, it seems you can set to not use any ammo, but it still requires an ammo added to it to work. So we're going to add a special ammo for it that requires to be made only once cough we're just gonna say it uses energy from it's own reactor to recharge the battery / ammo slot cough.

3 years ago

Okay 0.3.0 is available, quite some stuff were added here, please tell us if there is any problems. Also the ghost weaver laser that does damage can be disabled from mod settings. The heal beam value can be reduced or increased from mod settings as well. Sorry about the offset from the laser beam but i cannot find a way to modify that to rotate together with the head. If there is any problems just tell us and we'll work on it.

New response