Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Ghost Spider

3 years ago

Ghost Spider crashes game when you put the remote into your inventory.

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\entity\spidervehicle.cpp (574): SpiderVehicle::getStatusTextForRemote
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\item\spidertronremote.cpp (58): SpidertronRemote::addToDescription
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\gui\elemtooltip.cpp (65): ElemToolTip<ID<ItemPrototype,unsigned short>,Item>::updateContent
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\libraries\agui\widget\widget.cpp (662): agui::Widget::mouseHover
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\libraries\agui\gui.cpp (473): agui::Gui::handleHover
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\libraries\agui\gui.cpp (763): agui::Gui::logic
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\globalcontext.cpp (1432): GlobalContext::updateGui
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\mainloop.cpp (964): MainLoop::prepare
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\mainloop.cpp (634): MainLoop::mainLoopStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\mainloop.cpp (379): MainLoop::run
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-jhy8mv\src\main.cpp (1123): wmain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl (288): __scrt_common_main_seh
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFEC0F86FD4)
00007FFEC0F86FD4 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFEC207CEC1)
00007FFEC207CEC1 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
Stack trace logging done
3401.072 Error CrashHandler.cpp:189: Map tick at moment of crash: 176347263
3401.072 Error Util.cpp:97: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
3412.287 Uploading log file
3412.314 Error CrashHandler.cpp:258: Heap validation: success.
3412.318 Creating crash dump.
3412.621 CrashDump success

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

wow, thanks for the log, gonna try and reproduce,
- did you happen to disable any settings for the mod?
- are you using any other mods and if yes, can i have a list of them?
- by ghost spider are you referring to the ghost weaver?
- did you happen to load an older save and do you happen to know the build version on the old one?

EDIT:
nvm just reproduced it on vanilla with just this mod.
This is a very weird issue. Gonna ask Resarium to try and comment sections of the codes to try and figure out which part is triggering it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That's great that you could reproduce it. Let's see what they come back with.

3 years ago

Ay, we also found why it happens, so the ghost weaver spidertron had it's guns removed to be a full support / builder spidertron, and it seems the controller is trying to make the auto targeting and firing to work which crashes the game since that spidertron doesn't have guns, quite a funny one.
We're now trying to fix it either by adding dummy guns with no ammo or adding some unique gun to it so it doesn't crash anymore, or we find a way to stop the remote from forcing the spidertron to fire, still in thinking and testing phase.

3 years ago

Great to heard you found it let me know when you done patching and testing please.

3 years ago

Added version 0.2.2 which should repair this issue. Tell me if anything else crashes. Added a new gun for the ghost weaver, but it's not functional yet, we'll work on it when we got some time.

3 years ago

Looks great thanks for the update will let you know how it goes.

3 years ago

Did you report this crash on the forums? It looks like a bug in the base game?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Didn't report it because i thought it was because i did not add a weapon to it. Does the devs also count those kind of issues?

3 years ago

I think that they'd be interested in it. Mods are not supposed to be able to cause C++ crashes, so if they don't want spidertrons to have no weapons then there should be a check to catch it and error nicely. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to have no weapons though.

3 years ago

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=89004 Looks like it’s been fixed for 1.1 anyway.

3 years ago

Thanks for the info.

3 years ago

So in the end added a guns to the ghost weaver so i will lock this discussion. Note that in version 0.3.0 you can even use this new "weapon". If there any feedback or issues please open another discussion.

This thread has been locked.