Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Suggestion

3 years ago

I think it would be cool if the higher tier spiders were bigger and had more legs

I looked at the prototype specification and it is definitely doable

3 years ago

I don't know how hard it would be to build in logistics requests, but the first mod to do that will have my attention...

3 years ago

Mimp, I believe that adding logistics to the spidertron is high on the dev's list of things to do for 1.1

3 years ago

@notnotmelon
- i have been looking on how to increase the spider size (even though i'm not sure if i should do it or not), do you happen to know exactly in what prototype is it in? Also if the animation needs to be changed for that to work, that might be slightly bothersome.
- about the legs, i have found them in the spider_engine prototype, it might be quite a lot of trial and error (i'm still quite the beginner at modding) to get the correct position.
@Mimp how @wretlaw120 just noted, the spidertron prototype doesn't have any logistics in it, like even the car has a logistics prototype in it so it can easily be added but spider doesn't have YET ( reddit/r/factorio/comments/i9n9ub/spidertron_needs_a_logistics_tab/g1hdov0/ ) on reddit the devs responded that they are going to add (^_^)/ huzzah.
- Other stuff, i've kept trying to give the spidertronmk3 hp regen, but it just doesn't work sadly, because of that i've just started playing around with the API trying to figure it out exactly how it works.
- I've been talking with resarium if we should modify the recipe or tehnology for it since we're still not sure if it is to much or to less, we should have a todo on the github page right now.
- I've played a lot with trying to add to the spidertron tank cannons, flamethrower and it works but then the spidertron cycling doesn't work as well anymore, so i would need to disable the cycling so someone can properly use the flamethrower for example, so i was thinking of just adding other spider types for it.
- I've also tried adding the artillery to it by request from Resarium, the game crashed when i did that (it was really funny, cause you hear the explosion from the artillery fire and then game dies).
- Now i'm trying to figure out how to increase the range of the rocket firing, but the prototype for the range on it is on the rocket // ammo. And now i was trying to figure it out how to script it to modify the item after it was added to the ammo slot on the spidertron. (or maybe i am totally wrong, cause i'm not really sure)

Thanks for the ideas / feedback, will continue to try and learn more stuff.

3 years ago

Another idea: Use scripting to change the color of spidertron automatically when you place it
It would make the tiers more noticeable

You can change spider size by editing collision_box and selection_box
You can look at my mod Tarantulator for an example

3 years ago

@notnotmelon
- As suggested, added the color changing on placement v0.1.2.
- I've been looking and doing quite a bit of trial and error on modifying the size of the spidertrons using code from the tarantulator and i've finally understood how it works, i've almost finished modifying the mk3, but i'll leave it for tomorrow to also do the mk2 and do a lot of fine tunning for position (resarium will help me a lot there).
- After size update i will need to do some refactoring. (i clogged the data.lua file)

3 years ago

Nice!

3 years ago

I, for one, don't want more legs on a SPIDERtron (hint hint!)

3 years ago

I'm thinking of a way to add options in mod setting to select how many legs or legs set to put on the spidertron with a down select menu, but still thinking and i guess i might work on this on the next version.

3 years ago

You can already set logistic request for your spidertron with the mod EquipmentGridLogisticModule.
You'll need to craft and put the item provided by the mod in the spidertron's equipment grid, then, every slot that you filter in the spidertron's inventory will request a stack of this item, and every non-filtered slots will be trash slots.
I tested it, it works like a charm, and you don't need any other mod since the spidertron ofc has an equipement grid (this mod was first designed to work with other vehicles equipment grids, that you can only have with an other mod) .

New response