Space Factorissimo

Continuation of Space Factorissimo by Shadox for factorio 1.1. Important! Do not update to >1.0.0 verstions for old saves. notnotmelon's fork is not compatible with MagmaMcFry's Factorissimo2 mod. This is safe for new saves.

1 year, 8 months ago

g Space factory building only supports "grounded" buildings

1 year, 8 months ago

Which is a shame and sortof defeats the purpose :(

As of right now, the factory floor behaves like a grounded spaceship ...

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Can you elaborate on what you expect the space factory building to allow inside?

1 year, 8 months ago

From my understanding:

The one with gravity would allow all "grounded" space buildings and normal land buildings (and prod modules).
The one without gravity would allow all normal space recipes (the non grounded ones).

Then you have a logical separation of buildings. One in space, for space stuff, the other one in space, for land stuff. That were my expectations.

1 year, 8 months ago

I'd like to fix this but could you provide a specific example of a recipe that is not allowed at the moment? It appears to me that both are working exactly as you described it.

1 year, 8 months ago

(how do you ground a building actually?)

1 year, 8 months ago

Nevermind, I found the issue. I'll try to figure out a workaround. (I broke something sometime in the past year basically) Thanks for posting a bug report though! A lot of talk about this mods happens understandably on the Space Exploration discord but I can't keep track of conversations there so I appreciate the report.

1 year, 7 months ago

I can not use a lot of space items in the space factory, because they don't support receipes anymore: for example Super Computers can not format data cards, or Thermodynamic labors can not use receipes data for science packages....
The Factorissimo by shadox could that.

So in his original code (0.2.0 - 0.3.0 has a 404 for download) there is a "grounded_filter" and an event which ' replace all "-grounded" to work in space ' . Was this the solution?

1 year, 7 months ago

I had this same issue. After spending a bunch of time digging through the code, the culprit seems to be Space Exploration's control.lua, line 1108. The old mod created a surface that starts with "Space-Factory" that space exploration specifically looked for and flagged as "in space". As a quick but poor workaround that I'm certain will have unintended side-effects, I changed this to ' elseif surface and surface.name and string.starts(surface.name, "factory-floor") then'. This makes ALL factorissimo warehouses count as space, unfortunately. A more proper fix would likely involve having this mod override how Factorissimo handles creating surfaces. It would have to make sure that space factories always get their own surface, even if the "shared surfaces" option is checked. Then just have that surface name start with "Space-Factory" and then the existing control.lua will work again properly

1 year, 7 months ago

For anyone wondering, yes you can modify space exploration's control.lua as Jarvyx suggested. It will not actually have unintended side effects to my knowledge, as space buildings cannot be built on a standard tile.

I've talked to notnotmelon and they're working on adding a way to change the surface name in factorissimo2 fork's next update. In the meantime, I've tried renaming the surface as a temporary workaround but have been unsuccessful as it creates unintended issues in other parts of the fork. I will continue looking into a temporary solution, but until then, Jarvyx's solution will work.

1 year, 5 months ago

Jarvyx, can you maybe paste the code you put into the control.lua file and where you put plus any code you removed? Maybe a diff between the before and after files?

1 year, 5 months ago

Hi, still need this added in the fork?

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

yes please

1 year, 4 months ago

Hi, still need this added in the fork?

any chance this might happen soon?

1 year, 4 months ago

Added!
layout.surface_override = 'surface-name'

Yariazen will still have to implement the fix though.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thank you so much

1 year, 2 months ago

Any updates on getting this into the Space Factory code?

1 year, 1 month ago

the grounded issue still persists is there any update on the state of this?

10 months ago

This issue seems to still be present; I cannot select any recipes for a supercomputer in a factory (it's marked as "Grounded"). Any chance there is a fix on the horizon for this?

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I was able to implement Jawvyx's workaround to fix this temporarily on my save. I'll put the steps I went through exactly in case someone else finds this thread before it's officially fixed.

1) I opened the factorio mod folder by hitting Windows+R and typing "%appdata%\Factorio\mods"
2) I made a copy of "space-exploration_0.6.104.zip" to another location as a backup
3) I right clicked on space-exploration_0.6.104.zip and clicked "Extract All..." going through the extract process with default settings
4) I went into the extracted folder and opened control.lua
5) On line 1188 there is a statement that says:

elseif surface and surface.name and string.starts(surface.name, "Space Factory") then -- Space Factorissimo compatibility

6) I changed this to:

elseif surface and surface.name and string.starts(surface.name, "factory-floor") then -- Space Factorissimo compatibility

7) I replaced the "control.lua" in the zip file (AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\space-exploration_0.6.104.zip\space-exploration_0.6.104) with the edited lua file by deleting the old file and copying in the new one

8) I launched factorio and deleted the "gounded" supercomputer in my space factory. When I placed it back down it was no longer grounded.

10 months ago

wow, thanks. Will try tomorrow and let yall know if it works for me.

10 months ago

does this fix completely fix the mod as it stands? I wanted to add this mod to my current plahtrough when I started but looked at the couple complaints and didn't, and now I regret the hell out of that cause my space base is hideous lmao

I kinda want to redo it all or just abandon my playthrough now so I'm very curious

9 months ago

Since applying the change I have not run into any issues with using space factories and have placed a bunch of them.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I tried this change but if a factory is inside another, it still has the same issue

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot to remove the building. It's working, thanks!!

9 months ago

Maybe someone can reupload the mod with the fix.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Please, can someone upload this tweak? I'm really clueless on how to upload another version of space exploration with this small modification (or a small mod with this single modification somehow), wish I could do it easily

9 months ago

working on it right now. It's mostly finished, just fixing the last few bugs right now. Hoping to get it finished before the end of the month

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Added!
layout.surface_override = 'surface-name'

Yariazen will still have to implement the fix though.

Hello! I'm trying to use this API in my mod:https://mods.factorio.com/mod/space-factorissimo-lizard
But seems there is a problem with this API:

local surface_name = 'factory-floor-' .. global.next_factory_surface
local surface = game.surfaces[layout.surface_override or surface_name]
if surface == nil then
surface = game.create_surface(surface_name, {width = 2, height = 2})
surface.daytime = 0.5
surface.freeze_daytime = true
end

the "layout.surface_override" will change the value "surface" rather than "surface_name",this will cause many issues.
For example,other two commands can't work properly in this function:

global.surface_factories[surface_name] = global.surface_factories[surface_name] or {}
global.surface_factories[surface_name][n+1] = factory

I'm tring to input "space-factory-1" but the function is still using "factory-floor-1" instead.

New response