Resource Map Markers

Automatically mark resources on the map.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g [FIXED] Makes game unresponsive for a lot of time upon load

4 years ago

Hello,

I added this mod to a midgame of full Pyanodon suite. It took almost 15 minutes gor it to tag all resources and then a loaded the game next day - it started tagging again. FPS drops to less than 1 for 15 minutes - had to remove the mod.

4 years ago

Yeah I realized when I was testing the first version of the mod that I was using a relatively small map size. I'm working on a new version that should have more consistent performance even at huge map sizes. If you don't mind, could you provide a copy of your save so I can test it on your map?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Right now i changed your mod to Resource Map Label Marker and already overwritten the old save, but the map is the same size and most of the markers from your mod are still there

4 years ago

Thanks! I tested with your save and my mod seemed to run better. It's now only slightly laggy for like a minute until it finishes marking everything. Your save also ate up all 16 GB of my memory and crashed the game haha, but I think that's not my mod's fault. I've release v0.2.0, please let me know if that works better for you.

4 years ago

Checked it - it eats 16500 Mb now ^_^. Glad i upgraded my memory tp 32Gb last month.

4 years ago

oh wow, is that from my mod you think? was it doing that before?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

when I load your save it only uses about 3 or 4 GB for me

edit never mind, wrong save...

4 years ago

The thing i noticed - the process of saving started taking a lot of time (it took 5 seconds to save a game before and 20 seconds with your mod active). Then i disabled it - saving returned to normal again.

4 years ago

Have you noticed the size of the save file go up significantly?

4 years ago

Not really. The save which was 20 hours prior to that one was 39Mb. So ot is increasing lineary to play time.

New response