Solar Calculator

Adds a solar power calculator able to calculate how much energy your solar plants are providing on average right now. Or calculate how much panels and accumulators you need to provide desired power. Supports modded panels, accumulators, different surfaces(planets and orbits in Space Exploration)

Utilities
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Add better SE support

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I quite enjoy this mod, and the support for SE is nice, but it is also a little limited.

• You can't calculate solar for planets you haven't been to yet.
  • The zone list contains a bunch of SE internal surfaces, like pyramids.
  • There's no support for steam batteries as an accumulator option.

Broadly, I see why the selector is a list of surfaces rather than a list of SE Zones, because otherwise it's quite SE-dependent. That being said, a tickbox or mod setting to change this to display SE Zones over Factorio surfaces would be appreciated.

Meanwhile on the steam battery (electric boiler -> 500 degree steam in a tank -> steam turbine) front, this is an increasingly popular option to replace accumulators in SE, due to their vastly increased capacity handling the often very high day/night cycles on SE planets far better than accumulators. It would be nice if the mod could be extended to handle things like tanks/eboilers/steam turbines/water loss for a steam battery.

New response