SLP - Underground pole

by SLywnow

Upgrade your electrical network by hiding all the wires underground! The new type of poles can be placed even under factory objects, which will save a lot of space and time. Underground poles completely repeat the middle and large poles, as well as the substation.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Power

b ahh not sure?

3 years ago

Don't know if this supposed to be a Feature or a Bug.
But the exact same Underground Poles stack on top of each other.

It's really apparent when using the grid tiling with a Blueprint,. For example, tiled a Roboport blueprint with Big Poles underneath and ended up with at least 6 poles stacked ontop (below?) of each other.

3 years ago

Don't know if this supposed to be a Feature or a Bug.
But the exact same Underground Poles stack on top of each other.

It's really apparent when using the grid tiling with a Blueprint,. For example, tiled a Roboport blueprint with Big Poles underneath and ended up with at least 6 poles stacked ontop (below?) of each other.

this is a bug of factorio itself, or rather the inability to specify specific buildings. I'll try to come up with something, but I don't know how yet.

3 years ago

(This is more of a work around than a fix) I'm not good at coding, so this is a suggestion that I'm not sure how hard it is to do.

During placement/building check if there is another already there and instead of building another on those coordinates, it either drops it as an item on the ground or back into the inventory it was used from?

3 years ago

Had a thought i would add here. If the Poles were changed into Tile enities (or make a sub-tile tile layer? lol) would that be a big change? Rather than a Building entity that sits above tiles but below other Buildings.

3 years ago

If it wasn't a factorio, I would have done it. But here everything is built on layers, and normal objects and my object have one layer, so either I disable the ability to put objects under them completely, or this error will remain.

New response