Shallow Water deprecated

Makes shallow water walkable (but you still cant build on it). Adds a way to change deep water to shallow water.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

i Water Splash

6 years ago

I like the water splash effect when you're moving through the shallow water!

Do you think there is a way to adjust the code to turn it off when you're standing still, though.
~B

6 years ago

I think it looks rather silly if you are just standing on the water with your feet on top of it like it's solid ground. What I actually wanted was a nice little wave effect that plays while you are standing, just something so you dont see the legs of the player. I just couldnt find anything in my quick google search and I cant be asked to draw something myself, so I settled for the water splash effect instead. It's probably a good idea to disable that one while the player isnt moving but it's still not perfect.

6 years ago

Don't get me wrong...I like the splash animation when moving...Very cool. I assume there is a sound effect, but if not I can help you put one in there like the crunch sound that happens on snow.

I have thought of a way to give the effect that you're shin-deep in water when standing. There is a graphic in the game files itself that is the "water". Maybe super-impose that over the character's feet for when the character is standing still.

If you need any assistance, let me know and I'd be happy to help.
Regards,
~B

6 years ago

I agree, the effect is rather annoying when standing still. Sometimes I'm standing on land just barely touching water even, and the effect still happens making it more annoying. I'm considering just disabling the affect all together as a result. Please disable it while standing still, we can just assume he found a shallower spot to stand on where his feet are still above the water when he stands.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ok I will change this in the next version. Which I will try to publish today.

6 years ago

There's a bug in your update;
"Error while running event shallow-water::on_tick (ID 0)"
Control LUA Line 21 attempted to index field "old_position", a nil value.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405494749697671178/407011075905683496/unknown.png

Feel free to join my discord if you want, its listed at the bottom of all my mods.

New response