Space Exploration Simplified

Is Space Exploration too complex? Why do I have to make an item that's used for only one thing? Why do I have a building that does only one thing? Why are there so many kinds of buildings? WIP, suggestions are welcome.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Optional complexity

1 year, 9 months ago

The success of our second SE playthrough attempt was due to this mod. THANKS!

One thing I think could/should be optional, though, is the SE material processing. I think of this mod as a mod that removes things that are tedious (one machine for one thing). Now that SE0.6 introduces intricate and varied processes for processing SE ore, I'd say they earn their place, even in SES.

Since I think so, others perhaps not, I want to suggest making it optional? A boolean optional would be perfectly fine, reducing the complexity of maintaining two variants of a SES playthrough.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

This is already a setting. It's under startup. Is the name unclear? I'm open to suggestions. I'll add a tooltip in the next upload.
Also let me know if you'd like anything added/removed for the setting.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

I at least found the name confusing- "simplified ore processing" might be a better name for the option, with a tooltip that it removes the complicated but potentially production-multiplying multistage processing for ores like vulcanite.

It would also be nice if basic core pulverizing still produced vulcanite when the complex processing is enabled- I enjoy playing with sushi belts, but having to set up an entire operation on a vulcanite planet just to make my first production space science packs is a pain.

New response