Space Exploration Simplified

Is Space Exploration too complex? Why do I have to make an item that's used for only one thing? Why do I have a building that does only one thing? Why are there so many kinds of buildings? WIP, suggestions are welcome.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Remove corona and meteorites

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Living on a planet (Earth) I don't see meteorites hitting the surface every day while coronal mass injections burning ground like god damn Ion Cannons from C&C Generals.
Also I don't find it particularly exciting in Space Exploration Mod to build meteor defense, supply it with shells, redirect Ion Cannons, etc.
If anything, it's just annoying (and all this messages) while feels completely unnecessary.
It would be nice to at least configure these events with an option to disable them entirely.

Or maybe there is such an option and I just missed it?

2 years ago

yeah, these are the only things i hate from SE, the bad things that the player can't do anything against, the robots crash randomly and the player can't do nothing to prevent it, you can TRY to destroy the meteors but the weapons used for it don't even have 100% accuracy, you can only increase the chance to destroy all incoming meteors, but never to 100%, i also think the coronal mass is completly unnecesary, it feels like a feature creep or its just bad implemented, yeah you can defend against coronal masses and never worry about it... if you manage to produce 500GW of energy that is

in conclusion: Meteors, coronal mass and robot crashes are crappy features

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

there are options to change these settings in the "mod settings". also the coronal mass ejections power depends on the size of the area it strikes. for example the coronal mass ejection on nauvis will never be stronger then 2.2 GW. even the orbit of Callidus only goes up to 6GW. and with the amazing solar panels and normal nuclear reactors achieving this kind of power production is rather easy.

2 years ago

the coronal mass ejection on nauvis will never be stronger then 2.2 GW.

Don't forget that this is per-stream. It's not 2.2 GW to defend 10 streams, it's 22 GW

2 years ago

not per stream. my umbrela defense never uses more then 2.2 GW on nauvis when it comes around. i run 2 nuclear setups that produce 5GW and its hardly breaking a sweat.

2 years ago

the fact that the mod forces you to save 2.2 GW in case of coronal masses is way too stupid, like, bro just leave build my 1 GW base in peace

2 years ago

the fact that the mod forces you to save 2.2 GW in case of coronal masses is way too stupid, like, bro just leave build my 1 GW base in peace

again, you can just disable it under the mod settings.

2 years ago

I've planed to add more settings for things like this, thanks for the feedback.

2 years ago

The coronal mass ejection can already be set to 0(disabled) but I can't figure out how to disable the meteors. The best I can do is set it's max interval to 1 billion (was 2880).

2 years ago

Did this mod disable meteors and coronal mass ejection? or this is optional?

2 years ago

The option to disable coronal mass ejection is already available without my mod. I modified meteors to be more rare than wining the lottery. Both are optional.

2 years ago

So your mod make meteors very rare, this is optional? because in mod settings I only found [Meteor max interval] from Space exploration mod, [cargo rocket part stack size] and [data card failure divisor] from Space exploration Simplified mod, I must modify [Meteor max interval] to make meteors more often? and did your mod changes meteors chance in space, for example on planet orbit?

2 years ago

I changed the setting range for [meteor max interval] though it still appears under Space Exploration, not simplified.

2 years ago

So if I want to leave [meteor max interval] vanilla for space exploration, I need to tweak this option, and what number I must set to this option, if not what I need to do, to leave it vanilla for space exploration original mod?

[deleted message]
2 years ago

I don't change the value, just the range. The SE default is 30.

New response