Space Exploration Simplified

Is Space Exploration too complex? Why do I have to make an item that's used for only one thing? Why do I have a building that does only one thing? Why are there so many kinds of buildings? WIP, suggestions are welcome.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Unify arcospheres

3 years ago

I suggest changing arcospheres so there’s only one variety.

3 years ago

I agree that the arcospere system is overly complex, but there's a lot of code behind it. The code for arcosperes is almost as complex as the spaceship's. I've mentioned in a few threads that I'm not a programmer, but I'm getting better. I'll look into this, as I want to simplify the arcospheres and to learn more programming skills.

Thanks,
Leah

3 years ago

I think that there should be at most 2 varieties;
Maybe one for large scale things and one for smaller uses.
Maybe there should be a base arcosphere which can then be turned into the 2 varieties(and back).

2 years ago

The arcospheres themselves aren't scripted; all that code related to arcospheres just creates the related recipes. So you can let the Space Exploration code run first, then change all the arcosphere recipes to use and output only the base arcosphere.

(Though really there should be two types of arcosphere, an "active" arcosphere and an "inactive" arcosphere, to preserve the quality that your arcospheres might be the wrong type and you need a separate machine running to change them to the right type. "Inactive" arcosphere can be the base arcosphere.)

New response