Space Exploration Simplified

Is Space Exploration too complex? Why do I have to make an item that's used for only one thing? Why do I have a building that does only one thing? Why are there so many kinds of buildings? WIP, suggestions are welcome.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Some Space sciences missing

3 years ago

Hello there,

I just updated to version 0.1.8 last night, and a few of the base space sciences are no longer researched for me.

First off, I really love the mod itself because it handles feedback loops and redundancy alot better than base mod. Thank you for your service.

I have done the first of each space science packs, but I am now blocked on them. The tree seems to be looking for some of the Original space science buildings which are removed on purpose by using this mod (plasma generator, microwave telescope, etc) but now it will not let me advance because the nullified building researches are missing on a space ex simplified save. Before, it was no problem to research past them ( they are not there to begin with) but now it looks like it wants them to be researched even with the simplified mod turned on and the buildings removed by using the mod.

I can cheese my way past them by turning the mod OFF, researching all the buildings with the white science pack, and turning it back ON later due to white packs being the same recipe as the base mod, but this method will probably break in the future for other science packs with any other missing buildings (ex: the other telescopes)

I am using these versions. would updating versions cause a break? Also I have pictures of the tech tree and stuff.
0.4.43 - Space Explore
0.1.8 - Simplified

Sorry for the trouble, if need be I could console command in the researches to get past it, but I kind of want the nexus achievement =]

Thanks alot, Loot

3 years ago

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this, SE is a giant mod and it's not always easy to find bugs.

Normally when a technology is hidden, vanilla or from mods, the tech tree automatically bridges prerequisites (sometimes you'll see more than one line going between techs). I'm having trouble duplicating this bug. I could just manually bridges the prerequisites (which would clean up the duplicate lines), but I'm afraid that that won't fix the root problem.

Are you using any other mods that add/remove/modify techs? Maybe an auto research mod?

3 years ago

I finally duplicated the bug. I'll patch it real quick.

Thanks again, Leah

3 years ago

Heyy again,

All works as supposed to! Thank you! No other real game altering mods, just quality of life stuff. Sorry no earlier reply, I understand its a huge mod itself and I imagine its a fair pile of code, I appreciate how fast that was sorted out.

Thank you for your service, Loot

3 years ago

On further inspection, I realized that another mod was fixing the tech tree. After removing all unrequired mods the bug presented itself.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hallo there,

first off my compliments for your great mod!!!

second, i have a problem to research Nano-Material. I have all 4 types of lvl4 research-packages, but i m not allowed to research nano material. are there some hidden requirements?

though i m playing with factorio 1.0 and SE simplified 1.11, because i have some compability trouble with factorio 1.1 and SE somehow...

see ya

edited: solved - an early technology "materialverarbeitung" in german was missing. sry to bother :)

New response