Space Exploration Simplified

Is Space Exploration too complex? Why do I have to make an item that's used for only one thing? Why do I have a building that does only one thing? Why are there so many kinds of buildings? WIP, suggestions are welcome.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Decontamination facility leftovers

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The Dirty Water cleaning recipes are still only possible in the Decontamination Facility while in space (rather than being added to Life Support like the others), all three versions (copper, iron & rare metals). Not sure if there are any other "lost" recipes, though.

Also, worth considering that the Life Support Facility is normally a terrestrial building and only has a 1x speed, where most of the space buildings have a much higher base speed. Not sure how you'd want to handle that exactly, it might mean some odd bottlenecks otherwise.

3 years ago

I'm pretty sure that ore cleaning isn't used in this mod. If you're looking at Helmod or Factory Planner, they will still show some disabled recipes that will never be enabled/researched. Those mods still show that plates are made with raw ore so you won't run into this problem unless you look for it.

I've been struggling with the lifesupport/decontamination merge. There's a lot of things that don't fit well between ground and space buildings. Any suggestions would be welcome.

3 years ago

Ah, that must be a Krastorio 2 thing, then, they have an ore refining process added in, my mistake. That's too bad, but thanks for having a look at it.

As for suggestions, I suppose it depends on how badly you wanted the Decontamination Facility removed entirely. Bumping up the Life Support Facility speed (say, to 4x like a lot of space buildings of that size) might break it on land, depending on if you think it's fair as a kind of super chemical plant, even if the name doesn't really suggest that.

3 years ago

I haven't played K2 yet. I should look at how it works with my mod.

New response