Scrap Resource

by RedRafe

Adds scrap as a new resource to be further processed and downgraded into other products

Content
2 months ago
1.1 - 2.1
2.51K
Mining

g [Solved] Need a scrap only mode

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I would like to host in scrap only mode.
For that I turned off iron, copper, coal, uranaium and crude.
And then I made scrap frequency to be highest possible. Even with that highest scrap frequency, for most seeds the nearest scrap positioning isn't so great for a new player spawning. This issue can be solved by simply giving a nearby scrap ore patch close to spawn lake. I understand this may not be the default desired thing to do, therefore it would be nice if something like this can be optional setting.

2 months ago

try the new release and let me know. Have to set mo setting "use as main resource" as true

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Oh wow, that was fast response, thanks a ton @RedRafe.
Although, I just tried and I don't see the option you are talking about. I am upgraded to Scrap Resource 2.0.0, and my Factorio version is 2.0.77.
Can you double check please?
It would be really awesome if this can be fixed within 14 hours from now. I have to reset my MTS server tomorrow for this week's run, and Scrap based railworld is what players have voted for.

2 months ago

Ah I see, your latest changes have been for Factorio 2.1, is there any possibility of making it backward compatible for 2.0?

2 months ago

Actually I understand its not really possible to easily make backward compatible, I will just try to find the best seed so that scrap location is kinda acceptably close to spawn.

2 months ago

I'll re-release them with 2.0 tag

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Use version 2.1.1 for Factorio 2.0, lmk if it works

2 months ago

It worked, thanks a ton!

New response