Robot World for Industrial Revolution deprecated

by medikim

For Industrial Revolution, Redesign the robotworld mod of GamingComet. Add New robotics technologies. And more !!

Content
4 years ago
Logistic network

g License violation

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi,

You've modified and used some of my graphics from Industrial Revolution without asking my permission.

See the NoDerivatives part of the license here:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

What's worse, you have then distributed my modified work under a different license, MIT. See the Attribution part of the license. This is super-bad because it makes people think that the copy of my sprites in your mod are free to use, when in fact you stole them in the first place without asking.

Please remove the licensed works from your mod.

Since all you're doing is tinting things different colours, you could just include references to the IR sprites and add a tint colour, without having to include tinted copies in your own mod.

4 years ago

I am very sorry for the license violation.
I apologize for this.

I've done my best to make any changes to your point.

I want you to tell me if there is anything missing.

If you allow me,
please tell me if I can use the old graphics.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thank you for removing the graphics.

I don't mind people using the graphics but I do not want them to be redistributed or modified, especially if it redistributes my work under a different license.

If you want e.g. bronze logistics depots, the best way is to use the reference to the IR sprite and then add a tint. That way you can use all of the IR sprites without having to copy them into your mod at all.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Sprite#tint

For example, you could use table.deepcopy() to copy the existing steel logistics depots, rename them and give them the correct properties for bronze technology, and then tint the base layer sprite orange, leaving the other layers in the logistics colours.

New response