Robot World

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

Overhaul
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Mod conflict?

5 years ago

I installed both this mod and the MoreSciencePacks mod, thinking I might be able to use the early robots to automate the large number of science packs from the get-go. Well, not so much. The MoreSciencePacks code that adds additional science pack requirements runs after the tech changes that this mod makes, so the research changes by this mod no longer have the effect of making robots available "early".

The behavior might be considered "reasonable" from a certain perspective--people add MoreSciencePacks to make life more complicated. On the other hand, people add Robot World so they can use robots early, not pretty much at the same time they ordinarily would anyway.

I'm not sure if this change is something of interest, but it looks like adding an optional dependency on MoreSciencePacks is sufficient to make sure that this mod has the final say in what the research requirements should be.

5 years ago

I've added an optional dependency to MoreSciencePacks. Let me know if you continue having mod conflicts.

5 years ago

That appears to work just great. Thanks!

5 years ago

Seems like OmniScience (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_science) is doing the same thing. It uses a script to change science research costs for pretty much everything, and installing it with this mod completely overwrites what this one does. No new tech, no changes to order in the tree, and recipe costs are the same as vanilla.

5 years ago

I added a dependency to OmniScience. This should fix the issue.

5 years ago

Thanks, so now it is doing something... the new researches (basic character logistic/trash slots) are available at the top (20 red science) as expected, but the logistic/construction robots and logistic systems are not unlocked, and recipes are reset to pre-robot world. omniscience adds a new science pack and modifies a bunch of researches (dynamically it seems, not using data:extend in technologies.lua) to require it. It also scales the research cost of everything based on its position in the tree, early stuff is cheap and mid to late is very expensive.

Heres a screenshot (ps the 30k science is correct, omniscience is brutal...)
https://imgur.com/a/esziBfP

I've poked around and experimented a bit to see if I could work around what it's doing, and here's my results...
- adding dependencies in robot world to any/all of the omni whatevers doesn't seem to work well, it somehow overwrites anyway
- removing the dependency you added, and instead adding a dependency to this mod in omniscience doesn't work
- renaming data-final-fixes.lua to either data.lua or data-updates.lua (in various combinations changing your mod and the other too) didn't work (but did break omniscience when testing, it uses data.lua and final-fixes too)
- unzipping your mod, then renaming the zip to .zip.disabled and renaming the folder to aa_robotworld_1.3.6 and adjusting the mod name in info.json does work, sortof. In addition to the new researches added, it also modifies the recipe cost to simpler items (green chips instead of reds, as expected) for all the bots, roboport, and chests .. yay) but it doesn't unlock them. Using the console to manually unlock did work then and I've got it working...

I don't know enough about factorio mod creation to know why the alphabetical mod load order would work (mostly), when dependencies don't, but there you have it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I apologize for the spam. I was clicking the quote button instead of the edit button, my bad.

Anyway,
The simplest solution to mod conflicts seems to be renaming the mod so it loads last. Mods are loaded A-to-Z (Natural sort order), so naming "robotworld" to "aa_robotworld" means that it gets loaded first (which causes conflicts). Try renaming it to "zrobotworld" or something similar.

New response