Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Loop error again

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Good day!

Loads the map for a very long time. Then everything freezes (it is impossible even to move the mouse). Again factorio gobbled up all the RAM ...
Something similar was in the mod version 0.4.12
Factorio version: 1.1.42
Mod version: 0.4.15

Assembly mods:
aai-industry_0.5.9
aai-signals_0.6.1
aai-signal-transmission_0.4.4
aai-vehicles-miner_0.6.1
alien-biomes_0.6.5
ArmoredBiters_1.1.4
Bio_Industries_1.1.10
cargo-ships_0.0.59
enemyracemanager_1.9.1
erm_toss_1.11.0
Factorissimo2_2.5.3
informatron_0.2.2
jetpack_0.2.12
robot_attrition_0.5.11
shield-projector_0.1.2
space-exploration_0.5.89
space-exploration-graphics_0.5.13
space-exploration-graphics-2_0.1.1
space-exploration-graphics-3_0.1.1
space-exploration-graphics-4_0.1.1
space-exploration-graphics-5_0.1.2
space-exploration-postprocess_0.5.24
stdlib_1.4.6
Warehousing_0.5.3

Link to save file (latest):
https://app.box.com/s/p9er6uq6rrhh86oj00r4syl4m5zm6lft

Sorry, the log file was not created (the computer completely froze, I had to hard turn it off)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Please, help

2 years ago

In mod version 0.14.3 it doesn't work too

snouz β˜†
2 years ago

Hey Hi, I've loaded your game and was wondering how it transpired that it was robotarmy causing the problem? It took almost 11G of ram for loading, then came back to about 4G. I can see what mod is taking what UPS, but where do you see what mod ising your ram?

2 years ago

It's the migration file for 4.13 where it loops over all forces and surfaces and tries to find and catalogue the robot army units into some global lists.

I took it from +-15,000 tiles to only +-1000 tiles for initial scanning, which should have fixed the issue ( much less ram needed).

I will check the files for 4.14/15 and see if those changes are in there, maybe they aren't?

If you go back to 4.13 and it still isn't working then something else is going on.. or your map is just bigger than before and goes over the threshold of your computer being able to handle it.

I will reduce the scan area even smaller, but it's getting to the point where there is no reason to bother and people will just have to have their older spawned units not be as awesome as the new ones with better attack/targetting AI

2 years ago

@ElohimShaddai if you can for now, go into your mods folder (usually in C:\Users\ [ username ] \AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\ )

and open up the robotarmy_0.4.15.zip file and go into Migrations folder and delete robotarmy_0.4.12.lua then you will be able to load your map.

New response