Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 9 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Same icon

4 years ago

According to the Unit Control modder, the bug that all units have the icon of the player is coming from your own mod :-)
see
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Unit_Control/discussion/5cc2a3835b477c000c8a4487

4 years ago

that's right, yes. The icon was never actually used or visible, at any point in the game, until now with the unit control mod and the way Klonan uses the icon file/texture of the unit.

I will fix that in the next version of robot army, to show the icons like their recipes icons.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

yes, thanks a lot Kyranzor, I often have 2-3 type of bots per group (I refactored your Rifle Bot to something like a brittle sniper bot so it fills a role and is not obsolete right from the start) and it will help.

A medic bot would be possible, that heals others?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Haha well, the rifle bot is so cheap and early tech that it is weak and only good in large numbers.. it's not designed to scale into the mid and late game properly. What I could do is make a middle tech sniper bot? Also, maybe a low tech shotgun "riot" bot to help the shitty riflebots.

I actually have a fully working "engineer droid" with healing nearby units (medic) and buildings in a mini mod I'm working on, I can port that over into the next Robot Army patch as well as a new unit.

4 years ago

that would be awesome!

4 years ago
4 years ago

thanks Kyranzor :)

4 years ago

The hotfix version I just released (0.4.3) has the icon fix in addition to the fix to allow it to be 0.17.35+ compatible.

New response