Robot Army

Manufacture and deploy automated robot soldiers to attack your foes and defend your factory!

1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Question

5 years ago

Do you plan to add a way to resupply/recharge the robots inventory? Those that use ballistic ammunition?
Also how do I disable some of the robots from appearing in my technology tree? I want to remove those that use ballistic ammunition and only leave the ones using energy for my game, I've been toying with the mod folder and I can't seem to find a technology.lua inside any of em, i found a reference to disabling what bots can be spawned by the assembler though, but it doesnt remove them from the tech tree and the assembler gui.

5 years ago

Nvm the last question, I've found the tech three. Thanks for the great mod.

5 years ago

I did originally have plans to make the units have limited ammo, and have to resupply but there are two major issues with it:

1. the feature isn't easily supported in existing code/mod API, it will most likely use a lot of custom coding and use more CPU %
  2. with current path finding issues and load on CPU, I feel it's in the overall mod user's gameplay experience and happiness to avoid simulating ammunition because it will overly complicate the system.

If there was a nice simple way to do it which doesn't turn your base into a mess of back-and-forth robots, combined with a better way for the mod API to handle/simulate it without destroying people's processors, then I will try to add it. currently no plans, and probably not going to be good enough mod API features in 0.17 to do it yet either.

New response