Robot Mining Site

by judos

Adds mining robots and a robot mining site which can be configured to mine nearby resources

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Mining

g Critical bugs& issues when combined with other mods

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi!

A few bugs and requests =)

1. Bug: When built from blueprint/ghost by Klonan's Construction drones, Mining site is built without the roboport.
  2. Bug: When trying to mine this "roboportless" mining site, game crushes. I had to revert to older save to fix this.
  3. General issue: if I build multiple connected mining sites and connect them in a huge single logistical network (for multiple ore patches of when playing with "dangOreus" mod), drones go crazy. Instead of mining nearby ore, they randomly fly to the other side of the logistical network, mine there then fly again to the other side of logistical network to drop the ore. They lose charge during this and in the end move super slowly and become completely useless.
    Possible theoretical solution (saw it in Nougat Mining mod, not sure if it will work properly here): only small portions of mining areas (localized together) are marked for mining at a time which more or less allows drones to concentrate in one area and not fly to the other part of the world for each ore peace. But this may cause problems that drones will focus only on one ore.

4. Change request 1 =): We should see logistical network borders and connections when placing new mining sites.

5. Change request 2: There should be a setting to increase the size of mining area in Options.
  6. Change request 3: There should be an option of a Mining site with Active provider chest.
Cordina β˜†
3 years ago

Never used Klonan's Construction drones, so I'll look into that one (for issue 1 & 2).
Your third point, I never tried to place mining ports next to eachother, rather I'd use a larger roboport (there are three tiers available). This also covers your 5th point (2nd request) about mining area settings. If you could increase the mining area in settings, what would be the point of building higher tier roboports? So probably this won't be implemented.
Request 1 and 3 are things I'll dive into, but I'm no real lua-coder, so it might take som time for me to work out how to make this work.

New response