Robot Recall

by 343N

Lets you recall all idle robots in your logistic network, or distribute bots among your network.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Deploy Station deploys more robots than possible to fit in the network

3 years ago

With Bob's Logistics the deploy station spawns a couple more bots than fit in the robochests. It's around 2 bots if the deploy station is adjacent to the robochest with robot speed 28 researched, but when the deployment station is far it's more than that. Also when there are bots already delivering something (like placing a huge blueprint) which frees up a couple of slots leaving nowhere for the original bots to go. I think this is because the deploy station checks the amount of free inventory space in roboports instead of free inventory space in roboports minus robots in the network which are airborne

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

With Bob's Logistics the deploy station spawns a couple more bots than fit in the robochests. It's around 2 bots if the deploy station is adjacent to the robochest with robot speed 28 researched, but when the deployment station is far it's more than that. Also when there are bots already delivering something (like placing a huge blueprint) which frees up a couple of slots leaving nowhere for the original bots to go. I think this is because the deploy station checks the amount of free inventory space in roboports instead of free inventory space in roboports minus robots in the network which are airborne

EDIT: I think a solution could be either to deploy if roboport space minus airborne robots is more than zero

or maybe if the robot is still standing over the deployment station then put it back? but in that case if the new robots were faster than the robots who are doing something else there would still be robots without a place to go.

PS I misclicked the edit button so it's a quote now, shoot

3 years ago

i remember there was a reason why i didn't do minus airborne robots but i'll look into it again

New response