Robot Recall

by 343N

Lets you recall all idle robots in your logistic network, or distribute bots among your network.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Nice idea, I would suggest some configurable values

4 years ago

My map is large and I have about 130000 robots so some things should be configurable like the size of the stations as well as the speed of recalling and redeployment.

Also the recall station should stop recalling when the station is full..

Maybe it is also possible to limit the range of recalling, not always the whole map.

4 years ago

In regards to recalling while it is full, the recall will fail and the robot will return to it's source destination. (I kept it like this so that you can have inserters pull out, even if they don't pull out fast enough). I can make that an option though, if you'd like. By size of the stations, do you mean the inventory size? Also, speed of redeployment cannot be changed as far as I know, but speed of recall can be.

I'll look into all this, thank you.

4 years ago

I've added the configuration options inventory size and recall speed to both Startup and Map options respectively.
I'll look into the recall range modifier soon.

4 years ago

Thanks, that works really fast now and with a big inventory. :-)
For speeding up the redeployment, would it maybe possible to teleport the robots to roboports in a configurable range? I don't know if that could work, just an idea.
Also I've seen that, if a requester station needs a huge amount of material, hundreds or even thousands of robots appear very quickly. Don't know if something like a "dummy" request could speed up the redeployment.

4 years ago

to be honest I'd much rather avoid the hassle with teleporting items between inventories if I can, and I can't with the Recall station so that's the only way. I could make robot deployment faster (there is a delay between two or more robots each being deployed, I can make that a configurable value)

New response