by siikk

Resource compression for long distance hauling and longer burning coal

Content
7 years ago
Logistics

i Ideas

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I was just about to make similar mod too, but now i don't have to :D Other compression mods added a ton more items in the recipes and that i did not like. Lightweight and vanilla friendly = good.

But you missed stone compression, and i'm pondering if raw-wood should be too. Should be also easy-ish to make new icons for the ores where the ore sprites are mixed up a bit to make it look dense and mapped on a cube. Makes it look like they were crushed in small space.

And coke-coal? Doesn't seem suitable for making plastic, and... wait... you didn't add recipes to de-compress them? Furnace recipes to smelt these are 3.5 times faster than normal. Might still make my own mod :p

7 years ago

For stone and wood I will be adding both. Coal is a one way compression but iron, copper, stone, and wood can/will be able to decompress. To decompress iron and copper currently just toss it into a furnace and you will get the 25 ore you compressed back as plates.

I am still playing with values for compression/decompression time on all resources but yes as of right now it is faster to compress and decompress than it probably should be.

7 years ago

hi, im using this mod https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=20891

you may want to get some recipes from it or collaborate with the author

New response