Recursive Blueprints

by DaveMcW

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory.

Content
1 year, 6 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Blueprints

g Problem with oil fields in Resource Scanner

2 years ago

Firstly, thank you for this mod, it is really amazing and useful!

I am building self-expanding factory and now I'm trying to deal with oil fields - to build pumpjacks, pipes, etc.
I use resource scanner to find exact coordinates (relatively to scanner) of each oil field. I just scanner every tile of the sector. So, the width and height are 1 and 1 tiles.
In this case the original point is right bottom corner of scanner.

And it works fine with ore patches. But not with oil fields. Scanner shows that every tile in square 3x3 around original field (that is 1x1) has an oil. But it is impossible to build pumpjacks on these tiles (they are not the center).

Is it a bug? Or oil fields are coded that way in game? Is it possible to resize it to 1x1 tile in scanner code or something?

2 years ago

Are you using a mod that generates impossible oil fields? I can't reproduce this in vanilla.

2 years ago

No, I don’t. I have some mods, but they don’t relate to resource generation mechanics.

The only thing I did - I set all parameters of resources generation to maximum (in map generation at the start of the game). Maybe this is the source of problem?

2 years ago

Actually, some mods or mods libraries can possibly relate to resources generation or their representation in code of the game.
I’ll do some test and will write about results.

2 years ago

Here is what I've found. The problem was that I set parameters for Resource Scanner in its GUI, as numbers. Resource Scanner really showed, that these tiles have oil. When I set it via constant combinator, it works just fine - only one tile has oil.
By the way, parameters of resources generation don't influence this.

Anyway, thanks for testing it! I suppose, same situation can confuse someone, but my problem is solved. Oil fields won't like that))

New response