Recursive Blueprints

by DaveMcW

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory.

Content
11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Blueprints

g request documentation for resource scanner

2 years ago

Please write down somewhere that the resource scanner fields can be replace with signal values, it is not obvious from trying to use it

2 years ago

I second this to have documentation on how to send signals to the scanner - or at least a hint. As I tried to send all varying values from logic network, in serial, in paralel, made some of them change values every second or so, tried with varying X, Y, W, H virtual letters signals, nothing worked for me. I tried to search for related discussions, I also spent half an hour in source codes - I found the input signals read code, but did not found their "translation", so ended up with empty hands anyway. Maybe I need to be better programmer to use the scanner in this wonderful mod, but I hope documentation on input signal would solve my limits in this life already. Thank you DaveMcW.

2 years ago

Clickt the number slot inside the scanners settings to get the usual signal selection pop up, then select the signals you want to use for the scanner.
Here is an image:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/632572758290726912/930151047073243218/unknown.png

1 year, 11 months ago

i am aware of that now, i was suggesting putting that info in the resource scanner section of the description along with the info that you need to click in the numbers to change them to signals.

1 year, 10 months ago

it is not obvious from trying to use it

???

How is it not obvious? When you configure the fields a signal chooser pops up like any other combinator. Do you then also want documentation that says that combinators can be configured to use signal values from circuit wires?

1 year, 10 months ago

the fact that it is auto populated by numbers makes it look like that is all that it can be configured with. the formatting you are thinking of is just an indent in the gui and looks the same as if it were less capable then it is.

1 year, 10 months ago

Wrong. Vanilla combinators have the same gui, some of those squares empty and some pre-populated with numbers (0). So again, nothing suggests that vanilla combinators can be connected to signals from wires?

And don't tell me what I'm thinking of. If you click the gui numbers to adjust them a signal selector gui appears with a tiny constant selector section at the bottom. If you can't see it then you are choosing not to.

New response