Recursive Blueprints

by DaveMcW

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory.

Content
11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Blueprints

b Ressource scanner doesn't seems to keep its values when put in a blueprint book

2 years ago

Tested with the version 1.2.1

It seems that there is an inconsistency with the values set in the ressource scanner. When a blueprint is created with a ressource scanner that has its parameters set to custom values (with some being negative) and then use this blueprint from a blueprint book causes the ressource scanner to reset its parameters.
I am not 100% what exactly causes this or what is the exact execution that causes this behaviour but there is certainly something wrong.

2 years ago

Retested with the last version 1.2.2

The exact manipulation to trigger this bug is the following :
- Build a ressource scanner and set its parameters to custom values
- ctrl + c with the SHIFT hold on to get the "Set up new blueprint" window when releasing the click
- Create the blueprint
- then ctrl + v and paste this blueprint, the ressource scanner won't keep its parameters

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for the report and detailed reproduction steps.

2 years ago

Fixed in version 1.2.3.

2 years ago

I'll just add onto this, seems like copying a BP (or book) into the Deployer Chest erases the Scanner Data.
Recreation as follows:
-Create a Scanner with custom values
-Blueprint it, put the BP into a steel chest connected to the Deployer and a Constant Combinator
-feed C=1 to the Deployer to copy the BP into it
-feed C.Robot=1 to deploy the blueprint
Once it's built, the Scanner Data should have been reset to the default values

2 years ago

I can't reproduce it using those steps. Did you confirm that the first blueprint is good?

2 years ago

I just tried it again, it worked this time. I'll do some more testing

2 years ago

seems like the issue was re-selecting the contents of an already existing blueprint instead of making a new one. my bad.
new reproduction:
-create a blueprint with a resource scanner
-change the config of the resource scanner
-re-select the blueprint contents
(tested with only the resource scanner in the blueprint and the scanner being in the same place. i dont know how it would apply to adding new scanners in the BP)

2 years ago

Thanks, that is definitely a bug.

But I don't know if I can fix it, it may be a bug in the base game.

The workaround is to throw away blueprints instead of trying to recycle them.

2 years ago

I can confirm it is a bug in Factorio, you can track it here: https://forums.factorio.com/99323

2 years ago

Ah dang. Thanks for your efforts to keep this working tho.

2 years ago

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is editing a blueprint in your inventory works correctly in version 1.2.4.

The bad news is editing a blueprint BOOK or a blueprint from the blueprint library still fails.

New response