Recursive Blueprints

by DaveMcW

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory.

Content
11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Blueprints

i Is there a way to know if my blueprint was placed?

3 years ago

I'm working on a self building factory and I was wondering if i can see somehow if (for example an oil pump was placed.) I would like to try out every position and see if one is placed so I can use the position in my later calculations as a reference. Yes i know i can count the number of pumps in a closed network and see if its different from the start but this is way more complicated then asking the builder chest.
TLDR. Is there /can we have a system which shows you if the blueprint was placed 1=entirely 2=partially 3=can't place it

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm working on this mod, and I don't think that's possible. At least it would take a lot of time to write that out, and would not work as intended.

I'm pretty sure Factorio registers deconstruction orders on an entity-basis and not an area-basis. Meaning that factorio doesn't store deconstruct areas, just which entities that have a deconstruction order. Which means I or Dave would have to write code that caches each entity in the deconstruct area and perform a check on it every tick, which would be a massive game slowdown.

3 years ago

Zombie thread this.

I use the Ghost scanner for this reason, its my goto start signal. everything<0, dot.

New response