Recursive Blueprints

by DaveMcW

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory.

Content
11 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Blueprints

b Refrence point grid size issue

3 years ago

I tried to update our bps with refrence ponits and it works fine and is awesome until the game wouldn´t let me save certain bps with following notification.

"Snap to grid value for this blueprint has to be multiple of 2."

When I then set the grid size to 2x2 the adjustment via X/Y-Signals is done in increments of 2, so I can´t get it to fit the sceme anymore.

3 years ago

Can you give me an example blueprint?

Rail blueprints have always been limited in their placement. But I don't understand how an old blueprint is suddenly incompatible.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

0eNqV1O9qhDAMAPB3yecK12pb9VXGMfxTXMGrUusxOXz31TpkYxnaL0Iw+ZFEyQvqflaj1cZB+YLJVGPihqSzut3iTygZgcU/VwJVPQ397FSyZY3adFA6OysCuhnMBOWbr9edqfqt0i2jghK0Uw8gYKrHFtlK9+AlbVrlabreCSjjtNNqrw/B8m7mR62sTzgqm9k+VZsEgMA4TL5mMN8t5keLrbaq2d+Ilfzx2DWPCgxMETA9wMl5q/tw/5A8iPy3KBExuyrSAiMpQvKrZBpEed6kiBP5+SLltS/D9r8xXxEiv7y5YBTnYxZxojwfk96ukmxfHU2xUSmNZTjKsFhGokwayxQok0UyjKIMj2XwFYtYBl+xjGX8iv1VDHez/HGcCTyVnUI6y2kms0IKSW+Ci3X9AuOp6A4=

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

sorry couldn´t find a smaller one. it acxtualy seems to happen with bps that include rails, yes

when you set this bp to 1x1 grid it wont let you save it

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

2x2 grid is fine for rail blueprints. I only mentioned 1x1 in the documentation because that provides the most flexibility if you are allowed to use it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

oh ok,
when I try to adjust a bp with 2x2 grid size, by giving X-signal via combinator it is done in increments of 2 tiles wich confuses me.

Like adjusting with X-Signal=1 moves it 2 tiles
I´ll give it another test runs in a bit

3 years ago

If you prefer to round down instead of up, you can move your deployer chest over 1 tile.

New response