Recursive Blueprints+

by FoxLBA

Automate blueprints to build a self-expanding factory. Fork of Recursive Blueprints with new small features: navigation through nested blueprint books, deployer logging and scanner upgrade.

Content
10 months ago
Blueprints

i Filtered deconstruction

2 years ago

Will you add the possibility to send filter signals (whitelist default and blacklist with a black signal also might be reasonable) together with deconstruction orders? That would be an amazing addition. ConMan has it, but I'm using RB anyways (and ConMan wasn't updated last I checked) for some features (and will switch to RB+ now that it has ghost scanning).

I don't want to manually add hundreds of filtered deconstruction planners to a blueprint book and keep track of indexes and update them for every mod that adds new entities.

Cool additions to the mod btw :D

2 years ago

I implemented this feature in v1.3.6
I could have messed up something, so please check all the modes:

deconstruction planner signal:
-4 = Deconstruct area with provided item signals as whitelist
-5 = Deconstruct area with provided item signals as blacklist
-6 = Cancel area deconstruct with provided item signals as whitelist
-7 = Cancel area deconstruct with provided item signals as blacklist

Signal "T">0 - trees
Signal "R">0 - rocks
Signal "C">0 - cliffs

Item signals (filter) also shuld be >0

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Cool stuff! Thanks!
Did some quick testing and it seems to work (mode -4 and -5 tested so far). Except the crafting combinator (from the mod with the same name) can't be planned to be deconstructed with a whitelist filter. And it is not blacklisted when used as a whitelist filter either. It was the same in the ConMan mod btw. The recipe combinator from the same mod is filtered as intended.
Crafting combinators are something which would be like the primary usecase for filtering on q:

If you do a similar thing for construction (placing entities with signals without having to use blueprints) then that would be cool as well. ;)
Big thanks again for your work so far!

2 years ago

The result is not surprising, since I relied on the ConMan code.

Most likely, I will not do the construction of buildings in the same way. This greatly overloads the functionality of the so not too simple chest...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This greatly overloads the functionality of the so not too simple chest...

So are you adding another entity for that? Or not at all?

Would you consider accepting code for some new feature ideas I have? I could write signal construction and some other cool feature ideas I have. I have some ideas that might better fit in another similar mod, but signal construction is almost blueprint construction so it's a bit closer to this mod. If I added my signal construction idea and some others (like creating blueprints from an area with signals and adding it to the book in the RE chest) to my separate mod idea then that would need its own blueprint placer to become complete and useful. Or maybe I should make RE++ :D

Edit: Tested with -6 and -7 also, works as well! :)

2 years ago

I've tested it and it seem to work fine (tested -5) but there is a problem. There are no curved rails and rail don't whitelist / blacklist curved rails.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

As example here is the possible selection for the signals on the constant combinator: https://i.imgur.com/P910bC8.png
And here is the filter for the (vanilla) deconstruction planner: https://i.imgur.com/tJ7NTYE.png

I think there are 2 solutions:
1) mash curved rails and rails together
2) curved rails get an extra variable like trees, rocks and cliffs.

I prefer option 1.

2 years ago

I did it according to the first option.
Now it should automatically add curved rails from other mods.

New response